Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Disqualified

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
I want my damn points for Trulli in Fantasy League!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by whitlock
I assume they are talking about Charlie Whiting in the above convo??? How they hell can they be stripped of their points because of confusion and waiting on official word from the race director? I'm all for Trulli getting his 3rd back... but dq McLaren, damn. If they really did lie to the Stewards and then have a different story for the rest of the world, then yeah. But please tell me the team is not that dumb.

Could you imagine if the NFL or some other league were officiated in the same manor as F1. Taking touchdowns away 3 days after a game and changing the winner because they couldn't make a call and stick to it during game time.
No...because they have referee's

Old 04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm definitely not a McLaren fan (not of the race cars, at least), but that transcript sure sounds like they were sticking to the book and seeking clarification. I don't see how that's a DQ violation. Trulli went off - Lewis passed, but that's allowed when the car in front goes off-track or has a problem. I don't see the issue here...

Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't he lie about checking the safety car message on his steering wheel or something as well?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Oh boy. Here we go again! What a total and utter disgrace. I would feel this way if this had happened to anyone - not just Lewis. We need finality in these races some time before the Thursday after the race. How can these drivers be expected to prepare mentally for the next race when the prior one is always up in the air? What a joke.

For those who are wondering, the Fantasy League rules state that changes to the finishing order after the completion of the race do not affect the fantasy scores you earned during the race.

What a total frustration. But Massa did DNF the first two races last year and then went on to 6 wins. I hope Lewis can regroup, put it behind him and come out swinging.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
After reading the transcript, I still feel that Lewis got shafted here. He did what he was supposed to do to the best of his ability and what his team told him to do based on their best knowledge of the situation. Hamilton deserves 4th at the very least.

I don't understand how what Hamilton told the stewards after the race really constitutes lying to the stewards. Ugh this is so frustrating!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond reputeAK470 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
For those who are wondering, the Fantasy League rules state that changes to the finishing order after the completion of the race do not affect the fantasy scores you earned during the race.
Actually they can be affected after the completion of the race only if changes were announced on the same day, "Any changes to these scores resulting in an amendment to the race results will only be considered if details are published on the Official F1 website on race day." In this case you are right it wont affect fantasy scores

Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the clarification. I meant just this week.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
So where's the lie that the stewards deemed so bad to dq the #1 driver?

Here we go again.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
So where's the lie that the stewards deemed so bad to dq the #1 driver?

Here we go again.
Yeah, exactly. I haven't heard/read anything that indicates Hamilton ever blatantly lied to the stewards either.

Quick Reply: Hamilton Disqualified