Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Disqualified

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton Disqualified

Although It sounds crazy, It's posted 020409 and therefor no April joke ;/

"The FIA says it has not ruled out further sanctions after Lewis Hamilton and McLaren were disqualified from the Australian grand prix for "misleading" stewards at the inquiry into the latter stages of the opening race of the season.

Hamilton finished fourth at Melbourne on Sunday before being upgraded to third after Jarno Trulli, of Toyota, was adjudged to have illegally overtaken the world champion under the yellow flag on the 57th lap, and handed a 25-second penalty, which relegated the Italian driver from third to 12th place.

However, Trulli's podium finish has now been reinstated on appeal and Hamilton and McLaren's classification annulled after the 23-year-old provided "evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March."

The decision was explained in a statement which read: "The stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian formula one grand prix, consider that driver No1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29 March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code the driver No1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian grand prix and the classification is amended accordingly."

"We could not rule out further action at this stage," an (FIA) spokesman said after announcing the decision to strip Hamilton of third place and the six world championship points. If the FIA were to pursue the matter, it would go before the world motor sport council. The same body fined McLaren Mercedes a record $100 million and stripped the team of their constructors' points in 2007, also for breaching article 151c, in a spying controversy involving Ferrari data in the team's possession.

Trulli admitted he felt justice had been done by the decision to reinstate his third place in Melbourne, and thanked the FIA for its action. "It must have been really hard, but it had the common sense to really try and understand what was going on," he said. "I have been always honest and it has paid off.

"I don't know the evidence or what they investigated on. I cannot comment on it. I am just happy I got my position and what I did on the track," he told Autosport. "Honestly, it was a controversial end of the race and it was hard for anyone to understand. But again I would like to thank the FIA because it had the strength to reconsider the case, giving new evidence and understanding what was going on.""

Source: Formula one: Lewis Hamilton disqualified from Australian grand prix | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
sweet - He isn't on my fantasy team.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
He is on my fantasy team, but the wont change the points. They only do that if the decision comes on race day I believe.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
correct it won't change the points.

which is why i rather seem them place him at the back of the grid next race.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
DAMN! Lewis disqualified I wonder what the misleading information was

Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Probably how he described the events.

Trulli said Lewis was slowing. Lewis said Trulli was slowing.

Who knows.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

FIA statement in full

At the first hearing following the Australian Grand Prix the Stewards did not have the benefit of the radio exchanges between driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and his Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes nor did they have access to the comments to the Media given by Lewis Hamilton immediately after the end of the race.

From the video recordings available to the Stewards during the hearing it appeared that Jarno Trulli’s car left the track and car No 1 moved into third place. It then appeared that Trulli overtook Hamilton to regain third place, which at the time was prohibited as it was during the Safety Car period.

During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so.

The new elements presented to the Stewards several days after the 2009 Australian Grand Prix which led to the reconvened Stewards Meeting clearly show that:

a. Immediately after the race and before Lewis Hamilton attended the Stewards Meeting he gave an interview to the Media where he clearly stated that the Team had told him to let Trulli pass.

b. Furthermore, the radio exchanges between the driver and the Team contain two explicit orders from the Team to let the Toyota pass.

The Stewards, having learned about the radio exchanges and the Media interview, felt strongly that they had been misled by the driver and his Team Manager which led to Jarno Trulli being unfairly penalised and Lewis Hamilton gaining third place.

Earl ALEXANDER / GMM
© CAPSIS International

Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
"a. Immediately after the race and before Lewis Hamilton attended the Stewards Meeting he gave an interview to the Media where he clearly stated that the Team had told him to let Trulli pass."

I had read that a few days ago. Why in the world would McLaren tell the stewards one thing and then go and tell the media another??? Are the stewards just old and senial? Or did McLaren really say that. Wish there was tape as to what was said during the stewards interview.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by whitlock
"a. Immediately after the race and before Lewis Hamilton attended the Stewards Meeting he gave an interview to the Media where he clearly stated that the Team had told him to let Trulli pass."

I had read that a few days ago. Why in the world would McLaren tell the stewards one thing and then go and tell the media another??? Are the stewards just old and senial? Or did McLaren really say that. Wish there was tape as to what was said during the stewards interview.
there are two constants in F1: a McLaren will crash on the first lap and McLaren cheats.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Just one more reason to hate the stewards...

Seriously, this really makes me mad.

Quick Reply: Hamilton Disqualified