Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

ALMS to create "Challenge Class"

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
ALMS to create "Challenge Class"

I saw this a few days ago and haven't quite figured out how I feel about the addition of GT3 cars to regular ALMS races. May make up for the loss of GT1 or make just cause unnecessary confusion and crashing. On the other hand, as someone who one day wants to get into racing 911 Cup Cars it is good to hear.

Take a look and decide for yourself;Planetlemans.com | ALMS to accept GT3 cars in “Challenge Class”!

--JC

Last edited by "The JC"; 03-30-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Bad sign.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
This will be interesting. With the death of the GT1 class, it might not be so bad to have a class below GT2 if cars cannot be found to reinvent GT1. Good or bad, I'll be looking forward to seeing some great racing at Road America later this summer!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't make any sense.....

Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
It doesn't make any sense.....
All I'm saying is that it'd be nice to have another field of cars racing instead of just GT2 and P1. Even then, P1 will be boring since Peugeot and Audi won't be at most of the races, and P2 will be dead all year without Porsche campaigning any RS Spyders and half of the Acura cars now in P1. GT2 is the only class that will consistently have a good group of cars to watch so adding ANY class, whether it be a faster (GT1) or slower (GT3) would add to the overall excitement of the racing, imo.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, I think its something that had to be done. Either way, they won't be running at every race, mainly the sprint/street races on the calender.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Now the GT3 drivers will have someone to "blow by" as they will no longer be the slowest cars on the track.....

Isn't the 911 Cup an amateur race series? If so, is it a good idea to mix an amateur "stepping stone" group on the track with a premier, professional group. Something tells me that the big boys are not going to be too happy if these cup car drivers don't hold lines the way they are supposed to, don't use the right lines on the track to stay out of the way of the faster (much faster) cars, etc.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
would add to the overall excitement of the racing, imo.
A lot of the IMSA Cup guys are my Dad's friends. They don't race for a living, it's their hobby. Most of them are no where near pro driver level. It doesn't make sense to me.

Apparently, you have to have one year of IMSA Cup under your belt.