Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Official F1 Fantasy Recap: Australian GP [SPOILERS]

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
so if i sell a driver now, i get the money i paid for him or what he is currently worth minus the .20?

i could make money by selling then buying back both of the force india guys

Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
so if i sell a driver now, i get the money i paid for him or what he is currently worth minus the .20?

i could make money by selling then buying back both of the force india guys
No, because I believe that Sutil went down in value didn't he? If you bought your driver at 5.00 m and he is now worth 6.00 m you could trade him in for 5.80 m = thereby increasing your available budget by .80 m over what it would have been.

I am not a math genius but I think that is the way it works. Here is the example they give on the site:

You select Timo Glock at 7.0m at the beginning of the season. He doesn't have a great start so after the opening race his value has dropped to 6.0m. You choose to get rid of him, so when you take him out of your team your available funds are increased by 5.8m, leaving your overall team budget at 38.8m.

or

You select Timo Glock at 7.0m at the beginning of the season. He has a great start and wins the opening race. Everybody starts adding him to their team and before we get to Race 2 his value is up to 8.1m. You think it was a fluke and drop him so your available funds are increased by 7.9m. Your overall team budget becomes 40.9m.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
SO you could play it like stocks the first 5-6races and expand your budget to ~50 and then pick like 8drivers for the last races? Instant win!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
SO you could play it like stocks the first 5-6races and expand your budget to ~50 and then pick like 8drivers for the last races? Instant win!
That is the way I understand it. That is why all of the top players have 5 or 6 guys and will eventually keep adding drivers as their budgets increase. But it will take a while before you will build enough budget to do any advantageous 2 for 1 swaps.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Check out my linueup:

Note the team value at the bottom. It says my team is worth 45.60 m. That is the current value of the guys on my team.
But, obviously, I paid a lot less than that for all of them.

If I were to trade them all out right now I would receive their value minus .20 m each.

This reflects the amount I would get if I traded them in:

Note how Jenson Button is really worth 11.20 m. But if I traded him in right now, I would only get 11.00 m for him.

So the actual trade-in value of my team right now is 44.4 m. But if I recall, I actually only paid 39.8 m for the team to start with.
So I have made 4.6 m because my drivers went up in value.

But if I traded them all in and nabbed my 4.6 m increase, I would not be able to buy them back at the value I sold them for. I would have to pay their present value - which is at leat .20 m more each.
That would not leave me with enough money to add another driver - not even Sutil - or improve my team much at all. In fact, I wouldn't even have enough money to add all of my original drivers back.

Does that help??

The big bummer with the Fantasy Racers site is that they don't always make these calculations for you. I had to break out the trusty calculator to do it. They need to let you play with your roster without making the changes final.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-31-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
I think I'm going to keep my line up this week. I crunch the numbers yesterday, and the only wiggle room I have right now is with either TRU or ROS. I could trade them and go with WEB or BUE or even HEI. But I'm staying put after TRU's drive, ROS's fastest lap. Doesn't make sense right now. I was .2 short of picking up KUB for ROS, which is a gamble. Depending on how KUB does this week, I'd like to see him in my line up. SUT is too undervalued right now to sell for anyone straight trade. So I'm happy with my current line up, and I'm staying put for Malaysia. Hopefully Vettel finishes this week!! I need him to finish.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
TRU is now up to 7.3 from 7.2. BUT is now up to 11.2! KUB jumped up .1. I think RAI fell again too.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
Check out my linueup:

Note the team value at the bottom. It says my team is worth 45.60 m. That is the current value of the guys on my team.
Brother, you've increased the value just since Sunday when you made trades. Good stuff. I checked mine right now and I'm worth 50.5, up from yesterday a bit. BUT and TRU have gone up a few. I think TRU is a good "hold" right now. I was tempted to swap him out, but he finished 3/4 from the pit! At 7.00 I think he was a good pick pre-Australian GP and he's gone up. I think Glock is a good pick, and he's probably under valued right now about about 1.0. Just my guess in comparisson with guys like ALO who is still at 8.4 but didn't perform well.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-31-2009 at 07:27 PM.