Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

No thread title spoilers!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
No thread title spoilers!!!!!!

Come on guys. F1 season has started again; this really is not a difficult concept. I woke up today to see "Bravo Brawn" and "Hamilton Inherits Third" before getting a chance to watch the first race of the season.

DISCUSS THE RESULTS IN THE FRIGGIN THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!

thank you

Old 03-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Well said.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. Let's avoid spoilers guys. This is the main reason I encouraged us to keep all race discussion in the banter threads.

Or you could wake up and watch the race with us.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Or you could wake up and watch the race with us.
+1

Steve, those thread titles are for F1 news. Sure it's a spoiler, but any news that gets posted in the Pit-Stop would be spoiler then. I'm not saying I disagree with you about them being spoilers, but this is an automotive forum that loves to talk about F1. If you haven't watched the race and don't want to know what happens, avoid the Pit-Stop forum until you watch. That's just my advice...

Old 03-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
+1

Steve, those thread titles are for F1 news. Sure it's a spoiler, but any news that gets posted in the Pit-Stop would be spoiler then. I'm not saying I disagree with you about them being spoilers, but this is an automotive forum that loves to talk about F1. If you haven't watched the race and don't want to know what happens, avoid the Pit-Stop forum until you watch. That's just my advice...
I read the forum by New Posts. There is NO REASON why "news" has to be posted in thread titles, especially not immediately. Come on, every forum has this same guideline, it is not remotely unreasonable. There is already a huge thread for the GP that anyone can post in if they want to talk about the race immediately.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
+1

Now Now. Let's not get hasty!! I love and share Alzilla's passion for F1. But the last thing we want is to dissuade anyone from visiting any part of the forum. The Pit-Stop should be about more than F1. It should be about all racing. If someone stopped by to see the great Sebring photos, they shouldn't have to worry about having the F1 race spoiled for them.

As we expand interest in F1, the Pit-Stop forum will have some growing pains. Please, everyone be patient and try to see things from the other person's perspective.

What we may need to do is have DJ set up a separate forum for F1 like there is on F-Chat. I will look into it.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by SteveH
I read the forum by New Posts. There is NO REASON why "news" has to be posted in thread titles, especially not immediately. Come on, every forum has this same guideline, it is not remotely unreasonable. There is already a huge thread for the GP that anyone can post in if they want to talk about the race immediately.
I laregly agree with you. But I see Alzilla's point as well.

In the end, all Steve is asking for is that we tone down the title threads. But it would be silly to title a thread "Something Cool About Today's Race - Come In To See!" So I think the best solution is to just keep all of the race discussion in the Banter thread.

See my new post on the subject:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...-spoilers.html

Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH
I'm sorry, I was just giving you a hard time. You're right, it's not unreasonable at all to avoid spoilers in thread titles. I've tried not to be an offender but I'll definitely make a point of being more careful in the future.

Enjoy the race!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Steve on this one, although It's fun to pull an all-nighter and watch the race, not everyone can do that.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Steve, quit sleeping til noon - it's already Monday in Australia by then!

I hear you man, that's why I don't open my computer until I am ready to be "spoiled".

Quick Reply: No thread title spoilers!!!!!!