Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari Admit Reliability Issues with F60

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009 | 11:06 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Ferrari Admit Reliability Issues with F60

After McLaren Mercedes, another F1 front-runner admitted the development of their 2009 challenger is not going as planned. Ferrari’s managing director Stefano Domenicali revealed that, while content with Ferrari F60’s on-track performances, he is still very much concerned with its reliability.

As McLaren, the Maranello-based team had encountered several reliability issues throughout the last 3 testing sessions this off-season. With no more testing days until the season opener in Melbourne, the key aspect of Ferrari’s development during the next 2 weeks will be setting up the small details that will make the F60 more reliable in 2009.

“Over the last days I've been to Barcelona to follow the last stages of the test sessions and I've seen a very concentrated and determined team. We're satisfied with the level of our car as far as the performance is concerned. It's obvious that we still have some work to do and that we have to concentrate on its reliability,” said Domenicali.

He insisted reliability is a must in 2009, especially since some of the point-losing performances last year were linked to engine failures (Massa’s bad luck in Hungary is proof enough). Also, with the introduction of new technologies in F1, such as the Kinetic Energy Recovery System, the chances of something going wrong during a race are higher than in the previous years.

“Last year we've seen how important reliability and the smallest details are. We have to work much harder in this direction,” added Domenicali, who was also very admirative of Brawn GP’s outstanding performances during the last group test at Jerez.

“Until a couple of days ago there was a great equilibrium between the different teams - some expected and some a bit less - and then there was Brawn GP's exploit; their performance was incredibly surprising and they have to be watched with care. We think that we're part of the more competitive teams, but there are still many unknown factors to consider. We have to wait for Melbourne to get the answers,” concluded Domenicali.

Last edited by DJ; 03-15-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2009 | 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I like how DJ had to post this when you know Hamad and the other Tifosi brethren definitely saw it. HAHA our own TS brothers are censoring the media that they post for us. If this was a McLaren issue it would have been posted and stickied already...

Old 03-15-2009 | 12:56 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Damn you DJ!

Old 03-15-2009 | 01:09 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hey i just report the news

Old 03-15-2009 | 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like all the big players are having issues right now. I wonder how RBR and STR are doing with development. No news is good news, I suppose. How great would it be if Vettel made pole position at Melbourne?!

Old 03-15-2009 | 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I like how DJ had to post this when you know Hamad and the other Tifosi brethren definitely saw it. HAHA our own TS brothers are censoring the media that they post for us. If this was a McLaren issue it would have been posted and stickied already...
That's not true and you know it as much as I am a Tifoso I try to be objective and I give credit where it's due besides atleast we agree on Barca(FYI Barca support Ferrari)

Old 03-15-2009 | 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I have been eagerly awaiting your response. Adn we definitely have the Barca bond but what is this Barca supports Ferrari nonesense?

Old 03-15-2009 | 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
a picture is worth a thousand words

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2009 | 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Damnet that kinda bugs me. Great find though man

Old 03-15-2009 | 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm glad you saw it..... it took me forever to find it

Quick Reply: Ferrari Admit Reliability Issues with F60