Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Webber: Recovery ahead of schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Webber: Recovery ahead of schedule

Mark Webber believes his recovery from his broken leg is ahead of schedule as he gets ready to return to a Formula 1 cockpit for the first time in three months at Jerez next week.

The Australian has also dismissed lingering doubts that he won’t be fully race fit in time for the first grand prix of the season, insisting he will be “100% ready” for his home event at the end of March.

Webber has undergone an intensive period of rehabilitation since having a rod and three pins inserted into his right leg following a road accident during his charity bike race in Tasmania in November.

All along the 32-year-old has targeted the first test of Red Bull’s new RB5 car, which launches on Monday, as the date for his track return.

And after making significant progress in his recovery recently – including sessions in a cryogenic chamber – Webber is bullish about his improving fitness.

“The results over the last few weeks have been incredible,” he told RBR’s official website.

“We had a really good week last week, so we’re really positive…dare I say it, we’re probably a little bit ahead of schedule.”

In addition to pool and gym work, Webber says his sessions in the cryogenic chamber – which plunges to temperatures as low as -130˚C for three-minute stints – have proved useful for several reasons.

“I’ve been doing it for three weeks now,” he added.

“You go from a normal, ambient room temperature into a chamber of -50˚C for about 30 seconds and then for another three minutes into -130˚C.

“It’s very good for your general well-being, your immune system and apparently it’s good for cellulite. Not much of a worry for me… but it’s very good for the whole body.”

While Webber is not anticipating any fitness concerns for his return to track action, he admits that, unlike other sports, a comeback from injury in F1 throws a driver straight back into a physically demanding environment.

“Driving is not like playing tennis,” he explained.

“A tennis player can practise before actually playing a game. I need to get in the car and go and do it to find out about things like the vibration jolts.

“Although I may do some karting beforehand.”

Webber also made it clear that he expected to be fully fit for the start of the 2009 season following some claims that his recovery schedule may have been too optimistic.

“I’ve really worked hard to get in this position,” he said.

“There’s been some stuff in the press that I won’t be 100% fit for Melbourne which pissed me off.

“I will be 100% ready to do my job.”

source[www.itv-f1.com]

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
And after making significant progress in his recovery recently – including sessions in a cryogenic chamber – Webber is bullish about his improving fitness.

In addition to pool and gym work, Webber says his sessions in the cryogenic chamber – which plunges to temperatures as low as -130˚C for three-minute stints – have proved useful for several reasons.

“I’ve been doing it for three weeks now,” he added.

“You go from a normal, ambient room temperature into a chamber of -50˚C for about 30 seconds and then for another three minutes into -130˚C.

“It’s very good for your general well-being, your immune system and apparently it’s good for cellulite. Not much of a worry for me… but it’s very good for the whole body.”

Wow, that's pretty intense! I wonder how that works. If going into a cryogenic is good for you, he should just move up here to MN! He'd be healed in no time!

I'm glad to hear Mark is in good spirits. He's a great guy and has a really positive attitude. It'll be interesting to see how he interacts with Vettel this year!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
He's a great guy and has a really positive attitude. It'll be interesting to see how he interacts with Vettel this year!
+1 I like him too but I think Vettel will blow him out of the water