Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 could have lost Williams team

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
F1 could have lost Williams team

F1 might have lost the former championship-winning team Williams if not for the latest moves to cut costs.

Adam Parr, chief executive of the Grove-based team that has won nine constructors' and seven drivers' titles, told the Financial Times that Williams' ability to borrow money has reached a limit.

"I think it would be fair to say we have reached a point where further borrowing is not acceptable to the board of this company," he said.

F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone revealed to the same publication that he has advanced the independent team more than 15 million euros.

The bonus, comprised of backdating increased commercial income to 2004-2007, is available to teams willing to sign the new Concorde Agreement now.

"It's a prepayment (for Williams)," Ecclestone explained. "They are entitled to some back-payments only due for payment when they sign the Concorde. We said to them we will pay you now.
"

Team boss, founder and co-owner Sir Frank Williams confirmed that his outfit is under "financial pressure" and so the sport's reaction to the global financial crisis has been crucial.

Since 2006 the British team has been without the support of a carmaker, and the new FW31 revealed last week in Portugal featured only a handful of prominent sponsors, all but confirming the departure of the embattled Icelandic investor Baugur.

"We need to make a profit every year," said Williams. "We've lost in the last two years, or three, I think, but we have the reserves and resource to manage that."

© CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
Man that would have sucked losing a team such as Williams, Frank Williams is a good guy. I wish they would stick with the all black testing livery for the season but they've said they will reveal the new livery in a month or two.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ajs887
Man that would have sucked losing a team such as Williams, Frank Williams is a good guy.
+1. F1 wouldn't be the same without Williams.

I love the new car! I think it looks absolutely stunning in that dark blue. Might actually be the best looking 2009 F1 car yet!

Old 01-24-2009, 04:54 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I love the new car! I think it looks absolutely stunning in that dark blue. Might actually be the best looking 2009 F1 car yet!
agreed, wish they would keep that livery

Old 01-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
The more competitive teams, the sweeter it is when we win it.

I just hope all teams survive this crisis...

oh which reminds me, i really think its wiser if KERS technology doesnt start this season, all the R&D additional cost squezed at this difficult times.

Last edited by Bonita; 01-25-2009 at 02:56 PM.