Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Claims of racism from former McLaren employee

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
update:Ron Dennis vindicated

As previously reported, Ron Dennis travelled to an employment tribunal yesterday to give evidence in the case brought by former McLaren employee Peter Boland. The former air steward had claimed unfair dismissal and labelled Dennis both a racist and homophobe.

Today Boland, who was employed by the firm between 2002 and 2007, read the following statement.

"I have decided to withdraw my action against Mr Dennis and all respondents in the case."

"I unreservedly apologise to Mr Dennis and all respondents, and to the Southampton Employment Tribunal, for wasting their time with what I now realise were unfounded allegations."

"In particular, I apologise to Mr Dennis for suggesting that he is, or was, either racist or homophobic, or that he ever made any remarks or performed any actions that would suggest that he was.
"

"I feel great remorse for the upset that I now realise I have needlessly caused to him, to his family and to his colleagues."

"Lastly, I will return the car, which was the subject of county court proceedings."

"I consider this matter now closed and will not be taking further action, or making further comments, in connection with it in the future."

E.A. © CAPSIS International