Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton made MBE by Queen

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton made MBE by Queen

World champion Lewis Hamilton has been made a Member of the British Empire (MBE) by the Queen.

The 23-year-old McLaren driver, who last month became the youngest ever formula one title winner, and the first from Britain in twelve years, said he was 'humbled' by the recognition in Her Majesty's New Year Honours.

"It is the most amazing culmination to what has been quite a year for me and something I am very appreciative of," he said.

The British Olympic cyclist Chris Hoy received a knighthood.
Teenage swimmer Rebecca Adlington received an OBE (Officer of the British Empire), which is one category higher than MBE.

996 people in total were honoured.

E.A, Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
It actually was pretty interesting reading up on the Order of the British Empire (maybe it's just me)

Order of the British Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I read up on it too after seeing that Lewis was honored by the Queen, previously I just thought it was Knights and Dames

Old 01-01-2009, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's really cool! Props to Hamilton!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I'm just a bitter and twisted Alonso fan but I really think Hamilon's MBE just decreases the value of this recognition for all the other recipients, I think his Dad Anthony deserves it more than him.

I wish my Dad paid for a Kart when I was a kid and took me racing and provided opportunities like Lewis got.

Lewis has been extremely fortunate to be financed and supported by one of the leading F1 teams of the last 20 years, of course he should have won a world championship.

I'm sure if we all had the same level of support and exposure to the BEST race cars in each category for so long we too would be great drivers. There's nothing like turning up to a race every time knowing you've got the best car on the grid to boost your confidence. And Lewis has had this for years.

Anyway, hats off to you Lewis, I guess it's similar to other high-profile sportsmen and their crazy salaries and recognition.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
Maybe I'm just a bitter and twisted Alonso fan
I NEVER would have guessed that

Old 01-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
MBE sounds like citizenship

Old 01-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Maybe I'm just a bitter and twisted Alonso fan but I really think Hamilon's MBE just decreases the value of this recognition for all the other recipients, I think his Dad Anthony deserves it more than him.

I wish my Dad paid for a Kart when I was a kid and took me racing and provided opportunities like Lewis got.

Lewis has been extremely fortunate to be financed and supported by one of the leading F1 teams of the last 20 years, of course he should have won a world championship.

I'm sure if we all had the same level of support and exposure to the BEST race cars in each category for so long we too would be great drivers. There's nothing like turning up to a race every time knowing you've got the best car on the grid to boost your confidence. And Lewis has had this for years.

Anyway, hats off to you Lewis, I guess it's similar to other high-profile sportsmen and their crazy salaries and recognition.

Ask anyone here I'm probably the biggest tifoso on the Team and to say I don't like Hamilton is an understatement but you can not say that his success has been entirely based on his support system sure he's very lucky to start his rookie season in a competitive McLaren but the kid is talented and devoted

Old 01-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure there's plenty of talented of devoted drivers amongst the membership.

My point is that really, he's lived a charmed life thanks to his dad and Ron Dennis.

There are many other successful people who should receive MBE's before Lewis.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure there's plenty of talented of devoted drivers amongst the membership.

My point is that really, he's lived a charmed life thanks to his dad and Ron Dennis.

There are many other successful people who should receive MBE's before Lewis.
Yes, but name one F1 driver that hasn't/doesn't live a charmed life. Every driver on the grid comes from big money and had lots of connections that got them where they are today. I'm sure they all put their blood, sweat, and tears into racing to get to where they are now, and if they didn't put forth the effort necessary to get to the top, they wouldn't be there.

There just really aren't any rags-to-riches success stories in Formula 1. Every driver that makes it to the big show, did so with lots of help from team owners, sponsors and whoever else they could. That's just what it takes to get to the top in the racing industry.