Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Wealthy Mexican eyes Honda purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I hope somebody buys them and runs a full season.

Originally Posted by like.no.other
I'm hoping Dave Richards (Prodrive) buy them

Old 12-23-2008, 10:17 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
DR would be best. F1 will benefit greatly from customer chassis becoming available, the engines already are. i think the plan for the future may be a core group of manufacturer chassis and engines available so that privateers are encouraged to join up. if the proposition is made attractive enough that will surely be the case.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
DR would be best. F1 will benefit greatly from customer chassis becoming available, the engines already are. i think the plan for the future may be a core group of manufacturer chassis and engines available so that privateers are encouraged to join up. if the proposition is made attractive enough that will surely be the case.
That's my hope as long as it's not a spec chassis. There should be a choice of engines and chassis... I'm just hoping that whatever changes are made in the future that they be for the advancement and sustainability of F1

Old 12-28-2008, 02:19 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
according to some sources slim has already come to an agreement with honda...

Formula One news: Mexican buyer for Honda? - GPUpdate.net Formula One

"According to Italian newspaper La Stampa, Honda and Slim have already reached an agreement to save the team, with Jenson Button and Bruno Senna as the team's 2009 drivers."

Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Carlos Slim buys Honda team : News remains unofficial

Departing Honda's Brackley-based Formula One team has been rescued by the second-richest man in the world, according to increasingly widespread reports in the wake of Christmas.

The unofficial news was first carried at the weekend by the Italian newspaper La Stampa, which said the Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has succeeded in buying the team for a symbolic single dollar.

Slim, who controls the telecommunications giant Telmex, was among several interested parties in the Japanese manufacturer's outfit, including David Richards.

La Stampa acknowledged that the news is not official.

"But two things are certain -- the team has been saved and the drivers will be Jenson Button and rookie Bruno Senna in place of Rubens Barrichello," the Turin-published newspaper said.

It is believed Slim is prepared to fund the F1 team to the tune of a healthy $300 million per year.

© CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
WTF? I wish I would've known it'd go for so cheap! I would've jumped in and bid $1.25 for Honda's F1 team!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
WTF? I wish I would've known it'd go for so cheap! I would've jumped in and bid $1.25 for Honda's F1 team!
I think he'll take over the debt

Old 12-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
update!

Reports that the Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has or will buy Honda's Formula One team have been denied.

The Telmex racing team, owned by Slim's telecommunications firm and involved in F3 and other series, said in a statement that Slim "has not bought, nor is negotiating to buy" the Brackley based outfit.

Slim's Telmex said the reports, first carried by the Italian newspaper La Stampa, are thus "baseless and completely false.
"

Meanwhile, in the Mexico City-based newspaper Reforma, Slim's son Carlos Slim Domit also denied the reports linking Telmex with buying Honda.

© CAPSIS International

Old 12-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
David Richards is still in! Woo hoo!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
follow up

Team boss Ross Brawn has added his denial to reports that Honda Racing F1 is being bought by the Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.

He admitted that while "a number of interested parties" are in talks with the Brackley-based team, any suggestion that Slim or his company Telmex are close to finalising a deal is not true.

"We would love it if it were true," Brawn told the Daily Telegraph, "but it's pure speculation from various members of the media. It's just been one of those rumours which has developed a life of its own."

Brawn is, however, remaining positive, insisting that "everything is in place" for a buyer to pick up and take the team to the 2009 season opener in Australia.

"We haven't really lost anything yet as it has still only been a few weeks.
Everything is in place although we have had to turn down various programmes," he said.

"We have enough funding to get us through to Melbourne and we still have a competitive package."

Brawn said there has been so much interest from potential buyers that one of the tasks now is to sort "the serious from the not so serious."

"We're all hopeful that something will happen and we're anxious to turn up the wick again in the new year."

© CAPSIS International