Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1: Massa Says He's Moved On From Defeat

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
F1: Massa Says He's Moved On From Defeat

Massa is a class act. I know that he will challenge for the championship again in 2009.

Massa moves on from championship defeat

By Edd Straw and Pablo Elizalde Thursday, December 11th 2008, 13:48 GMT

Felipe Massa says he has already put the disappointment of losing this year's title behind him, as he began his preparations for the 2009 season.

The Ferrari driver was beaten by McLaren rival Lewis Hamilton by one point after a dramatic season finale in Brazil, where Massa was virtually champion until the final 15 seconds of the race.

But the Brazilian says he has already moved on and learned from the experience, admitting he felt pleased with the job he did.

"One day," Massa said when asked how long it had taken him to put the disappointment behind him. "Some hours... I'm not the kind of guy who gets frustrated about this kind of thing.

"I won the race, I did the best job that I could and unfortunately we were not lucky enough in the last 15 seconds.

"That's life and I'm not frustrated because of that. I had a fantastic season, I learned a lot and that's also another important experience for the future."

He added: "I'm very happy with the support I have not just in Brazil but all around the world. We showed that we are competitive, we showed that we can win races and fight for the championship and that's enough to have good support.

"Support is always important to give you some good energy and some good motivation and I'm really happy to keep fighting and to make my experience and motivation even higher."

Massa returned to work yesterday, joining his Ferrari team in testing at Jerez, and the Brazilian admitted he was somewhat surprised by the look of the 2009 cars.

"It looks like we got back to 1995 or something! It is pretty strange the shape of the cars. To be honest, the car we are using now is much more beautiful compared to what we are going to use next year.

"But that's the rules and we're going to try to do the best we can. The shape of the car is going to be the same for everybody."

Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
"But that's the rules and we're going to try to do the best we can. The shape of the car is going to be the same for everybody."
Massa is very gracious in defeat and I can respect that. His last comment is very telling of the future direction of F1. I wonder how many drivers would quit if the series turned to spec cars entirely. Anyway, I'm glad to hear Massa will be bringing his A game in 2009!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to believe 90% of the drivers on the grid are there purely for the love of racing. While they may not be thrilled about the prospect of Formula1 turning into a spec series, they'll race - their compensation helps keep them driving too.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Massa is very gracious in defeat and I can respect that. His last comment is very telling of the future direction of F1. I wonder how many drivers would quit if the series turned to spec cars entirely. Anyway, I'm glad to hear Massa will be bringing his A game in 2009!

Old 12-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
I would like to believe 90% of the drivers on the grid are there purely for the love of racing. While they may not be thrilled about the prospect of Formula1 turning into a spec series, they'll race - their compensation helps keep them driving too.
exactly

I'd also love to see a more competitive Massa next season