Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

McLaren Pays Tribute To "Impressive' Massa"

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
McLaren Pays Tribute To "Impressive' Massa"

I like this statement. I also admire Massa and expect him to be a thorn in Lewis' side for years to come!

Forza Massa!

From Autosport.com.

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, November 6th 2008, 13:42 GMT

McLaren have paid tribute to the approach Felipe Massa took to his world championship assault this season, as well as the way he handled seeing the title slip through his grasp in the closing stages of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Massa took the victory he needed at Interlagos to have a chance of beating Lewis Hamilton to the crown, and only after crossing the line did he find out that his rival had grabbed the fifth spot he needed to secure the title.

Afterwards Massa was gracious in defeat a factor that did not go unnoticed by the McLaren team who were celebrating their first title success since Mika Hakkinen's triumph in 1999.

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh said at the team's Woking factory this week: "Felipe Massa drove brilliantly to win the Brazilian Grand Prix."

"I'd like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the quality of his driving throughout the season and the impressively sportsmanlike way he handled the disappointment of finding out at the last minute that he hadn't won the drivers' world championship
."

Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Agree'd, Massa gained more repect from me after that speech. At the end of the day, for the '08 season the machine let down the driver. Cheers to the champ and the runner-up!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Massa showed what great character he had after going through what I'm sure must've been a huge gamut of emotions.

I'm so excited for next season!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Great to see McLaren acknowledging Massa, he really was the personification of being gracious in defeat and LH is a deserving champ