Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Montezemolo praises rival Hamilton

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Montezemolo praises rival Hamilton

I think it shows Luca's sportmanship I'm glad he congratulated Lewis

(Ferrari left Interlagos Sunday night having wrapped up an incredible seventh constructors' title in nine years.

While the team celebrate that success, Felipe Massa was left disappointed having lost out to McLaren Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton by one point in the drivers' championship.

Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo was however delighted with another strong campaign for the prancing horse - and underlining the recent thaw that has taken place between the Italian and British-based teams this year - was happy to offer congratulations to Hamilton, albeit with a warning.

"I would like to send my congratulations to Lewis Hamilton, the youngest ever world champion in the history of Formula One," di Montezemolo told Ferrari World.

"He was a very powerful rival indeed and his win, close though it was, was well deserved," he continued. "He’ll have the number 1 on his car next season, but he can rest assured of one thing: we’ll be doing our very best to put it back on a Ferrari!”)

Earl ALEXANDER
© CAPSIS International