Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2009 F1 Season Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ajs887
In light of the crazyness that was the 2008 season and my disappointment. I've now moved on to 2009.

These are my talking points for the 09 season:

-New Aero
-Slicks
-KERS
-Renault coming on strong again with Alonso's development work. I guess he really did bring those six tenths
-The Emergence of Vettel
-Will BMW finally get it's act together?
-Will Honda stop sucking?
-Barrichello. Is he done?
-Customer cars

Anyways I thought I'd get some discussion going so feel free to add on. I'll be back to post my thoughts in detail.

Great questions btw ..... First of all congrats to Lewis and all his fans he is the champion and deseves it. What I came away with in 2008 is that Ferrari lacked under Domincali what it had under Todt, maybe its wishfull thinking but I believe under Todt alot of the F*** ups that happened this year may have not happened under his suppervision namely the engine reliability issues (Hungary was a huge blunder) also who can forget the Singapore incident I don't think Ferrari would have adopted that stupid automated lolipop under Todt.

Moving on I'm very excited about Renault I believe they will be competitve under the new regs the Aero and slicks will help in leveling the playing feild not to mention the valuble input they get from Alonso in developing the 09 car this will provide a tighter race to the WDC(if that is even possible).
regarding KERS I think this will give BMW a slight advantage since they seem to be ahead of the pack in it development and implementation. It just might be Possible that in 2009 Ferrari, Mclaren, Renault and BMW are in contention for the title(and not only mathematicly).

Honda have more going for them next year like BMW they are ahead of the pack when it comes to KERS plus the new regs.(slicks and aero) should level the playing feild in their favor plus they have an ace in the hole in Ross brawn this genius should have Honda giving Toyota and both Redbull teams a run for their money but that would be the best case senario IMO.

Ahhh Vettel this kid is going places and I believe he'll show us that he is capable of being the best..... its a shame that he signed with Red Bull so soon if he waited till the end of the year he could have gotten a deal at a top Team most likely McLaren with the way Heiki is performing and Lewis would have someone that would challenge him for a change (that would of got Lewis's panties in a bunch) I'm glad he's staying at redbull I hope Ferrari snap him up for 2010

About Barrichello sadly I think he is finished you might see a good race every once in a while but this veteran is on the wrong side of his a career at a struguling team hopefully he can do Honda some good. And customer cars I have no Idea what to expect

Last edited by like.no.other; 11-03-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
First off, that gif is gold.

Now.
Vettel isn't so bad with Red Bull. The car is a rocket, designed by Adrian Newey ... they're going to be serious contenders next year.

Honda will keep on sucking, just like BMW.

Can't wait to see the new aero ... combined with teh KERS, it could bring some more action.

I just wish they did like MotoGP, no tire change, no fill-up and driver communication limited to what you can fit on the pitwall sign. That way, if you want to pass ... you'll have to do it the old school way.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Barrister, this is for you!

I have sent this to everyone I know - even those who don't know a thing about F1.

I don't take any great pleasure in Massa's defeat though. I admire him as a driver and a stand up guy.

I am happy Lewis won. He had a lot of people against him. I hope this is just the first of many WDC for him.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute

I hated seeing this and Massa's emotions.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Barrister, this is for you!