Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari threatened to drop out of F1!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari threatened to drop out of F1!!!

Interesting news found here:

Ferrari threatens to quit F1 over spec-engine rules - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

From article:

Ferrari has threatened to "re-evaluate" its commitment to formula one should the governing body impose standard engines. Despite also boasting of increased revenues and profits after a board meeting on Monday, the famous Italian team made clear its strong opposition to cost-cutting via the method of homogenizing powertrain design.

In a statement issued after the board meeting headed by president Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari said it believed Max Mosley's plan would "detract from the entire raison" of a sport "based principally on competition and technological development".

"The board of directors expressed the opinion that should these key elements be diminished, it would have to re-evaluate, with its partners the viability of continuing its presence in the sport," the statement warned.

Ferrari, nonetheless, pointed out its "wholehearted commitment" to cost-cutting in F1.

The FIA thinks no quitting over spec-engines will be necessary, however.

"It seems the Ferrari board were misinformed," said a statement issued by the Paris based body, whose president is the controversial figure Max Mosley.

The sport's ruling federation said Ferrari seems to have overlooked the alternative option of making available engine supply packages to small teams for €5m per season.

"It is now for the manufacturers to agree one of the three FIA options or themselves produce concrete proposals to reduce costs to a sustainable level," the statement said.

"If neither happens, the FIA will take whatever measures prove necessary to preserve a credible world championship for both drivers and constructors."

It was also reported recently that Toyota has also threatened to quit F1 over the issue of standard engines, but the Japanese team issued a clarification on Monday.

"We believe formula one must remain a technological challenge; this is an important point for Toyota and provided this does not change we expect to continue in formula one until at least 2012," Toyota said. (GMM)

Personally, I think that if the FIA mandated spec engines, they'd not only lose Ferrari and possibly Toyota, but a great majority of the fans as well.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
makes sense really...

Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Max is a nut.

Maybe the perfect time for IRL? Porsche, Audi and Alfa rumo(u)red to join Honda to build engines for the series in 2010 according to Robin Miller.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
If that happened in the IRL I would watch every race. But I hope F1 doesn't do something stupid like spec engines also because I love watching. Cannot wait for this weekend...

Old 10-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Even Mad Max can't freeze engines mark my words this won't happen the FIA can't risk losing ALL it manufacturers. One of the main points of F1 is R&D not to mention Ferrari's R&D is mostly if not entirely F1

Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
More bully tactics from the big kid on the block.

Where have I heard this before: "If I can't win, I'm not gonna play!"

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barrister
More bully tactics from the big kid on the block.

Where have I heard this before: "If I can't win, I'm not gonna play!"

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Or maybe this one:

"My daddy has more R&D money than your daddy!"

NEENER NEENER!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm closing this thread.
It has to suck to lose to a team that was fined $100 mil USD a few months prior.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex
It has to suck to lose to a team that was fined $100 mil USD a few months prior.
AND PAID IT! You can get fines, judgments and/or assessments against anyone. It doesn't mean you will see a red cent. McLaren paid the $100 million within the 30-days specified.

AMAZING!

Quick Reply: Ferrari threatened to drop out of F1!!!