Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Mind Games In Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Mind Games In Shanghai

Boy. That Alonso is a real winner . . .

This makes me root for Lewis all the more.

From F1Live.com.

Moments after the FIA press conference on Thursday, Fernando Alonso told his Spanish compatriots what he really thinks of Lewis Hamilton.

Last week, the Renault driver admitted he would like to help Felipe Massa beat Hamilton, his team-mate during an acrimonious tenure at McLaren last year, to the title.

Seated less than three feet from Hamilton in the official press briefing in Shanghai, however, Alonso was less forthright.

A British journalist asked him to comment on his admission that, although he did not know what Hamilton had done, he agreed with stewards' decision to penalise him at Fuji Speedway.

"I saw it, I was just behind them," he backtracked in China. "Sometimes what you read in newspapers is wrong."

Alonso then issued a "no comment" to whether he thought Hamilton's recent driving has been dangerous, and when asked if he was jealous of his British rival, he insisted: "I'm very happy."

But not long after leaving the press conference, Alonso made his feelings clear, according to the Spanish broadcaster Telecinco.

"Last year, when the championship was at this stage, everyone said they wanted either me or Kimi to win. This year, all the drivers want Massa to be champion. So I think it is not my problem, it is Hamilton's," Alonso said.

His different attitudes sparked a headline rebuke by the British newspaper The Sun: 'Now tell me to my face', it read, alongside a photo of a menacing-looking Hamilton.

If Alonso really got his way, however, his friend Robert Kubica would beat both Hamilton and Massa to the 2008 crown.

"I know this is quite difficult because I think that with the performance of his car it will be difficult to recover 12 points," Alonso said.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Probably my least-favorite driver in the circus.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Probably my least-favorite driver in the circus.
+1. Alonso can go punch sand for all I care. It's doubtful that he'll ever win another championship now that Hamilton, Massa, and Kubica stepped up their respective games. It'll be interesting to see what happens if he ends up on a slightly more competitive team like Ferrari in the next year or two, but until that happens, he's just a hater because he isn't in the battle for the championship and never has been all season. I remember laughing and cheering every time he crashed or his engine blew up earlier this season. He's just such a tool sometimes.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Alcyon is on a distinguished roadAlcyon is on a distinguished roadAlcyon is on a distinguished roadAlcyon is on a distinguished roadAlcyon is on a distinguished road
Boys, you know something, I can´t get the point of posting personal opinions on that or this driver. I and others really dont care a ... about it. I can talk endlessly about the bad things that him has done or said but it doesnt worth it. Lets focus on racing.
.... and yes Alonso is a winner...

Last edited by Alcyon; 10-22-2008 at 05:48 AM. Reason: l
Old 10-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alcyon
Boys, you know something, I can´t get the point of posting personal opinions on that or this driver. I and others really dont care a ... about it. I can talk endessly about the bad things that him has done or said but it doesnt worth it. Lets focus on racing.
.... and yes Alonso is a winner...
So your opinion that Alonso is a "winner" isn't a "personal opinion"? What is it, a "public opinion"? I see you are from Spain. Do you want me to beleive that your reaction to my post isn't PERSONAL. Give me a break.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. This board is for people to share their opinions about anything they want. If I had said that Adrian Sutil has body odor would you have had the same reaction? He's German, so I suppose you wouldn't have.

I think Alonso is a spineless whiner who would do anything he could to hurt Lewis and Ron Dennis - even if it meant being less competative to do it. I don't like him 4th in China because he very well may be in a position to effect the outcome of the race. And he would do it to.

Remember this. Is this how a "winner" acts?

And I have to disagree with you that people don't care. Maybe you don't. But most of us enjoy the back-and-forth about drivers. If we don't share our personal opinions about drivers, what are we going to talk about?

Last edited by Barrister; 10-19-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:38 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
no matter how butt hurt you may get the fact of the matter is fernando alonso is a proven winner...a two time world champion...and rated by many as the most talented driver on the grid. as far as reactionary drivers go he may be the best.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
It's doubtful that he'll ever win another championship now that Hamilton, Massa, and Kubica stepped up their respective games.
in a competitive car he can certainly run with any of those drivers, you've got to be a retard to think otherwise.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I remember laughing and cheering every time he crashed or his engine blew up earlier this season. He's just such a tool sometimes.
and someone who laughs and cheers at a driver having an accident is not a tool?

one other thing barrister, this obsession with hamilton is starting to wear. we get it...you love him and hes super duper cool and y'all are bff's but if anyone (like Alcyon for example) disagrees with you you bite their head off. look, i respect each and every driver on the grid including lewis but you act as if he can't put a foot wrong. you think the mind games and bs from alonso are a one way street? you don't think lewis reciprocated? cmon, you should know better than that. its just part of being a GP driver. just calm down man, its not like y'all are going steady. let him prove himself this year and win this championship, flavio is already saying he will blow it...let's see if he can pull it off so that all your devotion is justified.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by IIVVX
one other thing barrister, this obsession with hamilton is starting to wear. we get it...you love him and hes super duper cool and y'all are bff's but if anyone (like Alcyon for example) disagrees with you you bite their head off. look, i respect each and every driver on the grid including lewis but you act as if he can't put a foot wrong. you think the mind games and bs from alonso are a one way street? you don't think lewis reciprocated? cmon, you should know better than that. its just part of being a GP driver. just calm down man, its not like y'all are going steady. let him prove himself this year and win this championship, flavio is already saying he will blow it...let's see if he can pull it off so that all your devotion is justified.
Whoa there brother. Don't let this racing stuff get to you. To me, this is all just for fun. I don't take any of it too seriously. I'm sorry if you thought I was biting someone's head off. That certainly isn't how I wanted to come across. I just cut loose in here because it is really meaningless in the big scheme of things. Most of the TS regulars have become great friends of mine and know that I don't mean any harm. So I have some passion about who I root for. Why take offense? I respect your ability to watch without commiting to root for any one driver. Why not respect my devotion to McLaren? It goes both ways.

If you look at the Pit Stop forum area, it isn't like it gets a whole lotta traffic (no pun intended). Most people just ignore me and the 3 others who actually post here regularly (none of whom are you by the way). If my man-crush on Lewis gets this area jump-started, then I will be happy. Have you ever been over to F-Chat?? Man, you gotta have skin like bark to post over there. What I do here is actually very, very calm.

Sorry if I offended you or got on your nerves. But I don't intend on changing the way I post much. I respect your opinion, but you are just going to have to deal with it.

Take care.

ps. I must be a "retarded tool" because I don't think Alonso will ever be truly competative again - no matter what car he drives - and I also cheer when he crashes. But, then again, Alzilla is my long lost brother so I am proud to be in the club with him.

Last edited by Barrister; 10-19-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Fernando Alonso and his post-championship PMSing have made him the current laughing-stock of F1. That doesn't make Lewis Hamilton any less of an ungrateful douche.

Barrister, I respect your enthusiasm for F1. But from your constant worshipping of Lewis Hamilton, if he jumped ship to another team, I have a hard time believing you'd give a damn about Mclaren.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
IS it just me or has F1 become more of a soap opera/ reality show than a racing championship?
Before it was all race and then some speculations on whether drvier X would change to team Y after the season. Now it's 90 % gossip and teams cheating and 10 % race. I've pretty much lost interest in F1 because of it. And changing the rules each season isn't helping either.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Barrister, I respect your enthusiasm for F1. But from your constant worshipping of Lewis Hamilton, if he jumped ship to another team, I have a hard time believing you'd give a damn about Mclaren.
You may be right! I do own a Mercedes though.

Man, all of my Lewis worshiping is more than half an act. Is he my favorite driver? Sure. Do I like him mainly because I have actually met him and stay in touch? Of course. But my over-the-top posts praising him have largely been an effort to get others angry enough to talk to me about it and get this area of the forum going.

I guess it's working!

Originally Posted by Dave S
IS it just me or has F1 become more of a soap opera/ reality show than a racing championship?
Before it was all race and then some speculations on whether drvier X would change to team Y after the season. Now it's 90 % gossip and teams cheating and 10 % race. I've pretty much lost interest in F1 because of it. And changing the rules each season isn't helping either.
These are good points. I like to call it a "comedy of errors" lately. Sometimes I think F1 has a death wish. The decisions made by the governing bodies don't always make sense.

You have to look at the technical achievments to really enjoy it any more. Remind yourself that the engine is 2.4 liters, naturally aspirated but still produces 900 hp. Any engine that revs at 21,000 RPMS but is limited to 19,000 gets my blood going!

Last edited by Barrister; 10-19-2008 at 05:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Mind Games In Shanghai