Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

FIA Rejects McLaren's Appeal

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
And don't forget that Kimi passed Nakajima under a yellow flag - illegal. But what was the FIA's response when confronted with this fact?? "Oh, we would have penalized him had he finished the race, but he didn't finish so no penalty." That's BS. They could have given him up to a 10 spot grid penalty in the next race. They sure didn't hesitate to dole that out to Lewis in Canada.

The FIA has a very "convenient" memory when it comes to enforcing the "rules" against red cars.

I respect Ferrari and don't really hate Massa or Kimi. But if Massa wins this year by a slimmer margin than he undeservedly gained at Spa, he is no champion in my mind.
Hey there buddy I knew you'd chime in sooner or later..... As I said I have a bad memory but I'm sure its true if you said so and he should have been penalized for it wether he finished the race or not having said that I don't believe that the FIA is skewed to ferrari's favor

Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
I don't believe that the FIA is skewed to ferrari's favor
Good to see you in here brother!

About your quote above, I am just not so sure about that. I don't think that it has so much to do with Ferrari per se. It has to do with protecting the Ferrari fanbase. The FIA does what is good for F1 - not what is necessarily most fair. I'm not really knocking Ferrari. I mean, what are they supposed to say? You can't fault them. But I do think that F1 has been in a stance to protect Ferarri since Schumey brought them to prominence. Hey, any car company that puts a badge in every car that reads "60 F1 Grand Prix Championships" has to be your darling. I can understand that.

But the WDC will be decided on the track and we will have to live with the results - no matter how it comes out. It should be very interesting.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:26 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I brought up Ali because he constantly claimed to be the best. Was he? In his era and for a long time after, yes. I just don't buy into the argument that Lewis shouldn't make such statements.

The inconsistency enforcing the rules in Spa was laughable. If the stewards are going to hand out penalties, go through the entire field. If the championship (driver's and constructor's) of '08 is effectively decided by this ruling there would be a nasty smear on the reputation of the FIA. Can't imagine the tifosi enjoying the championship under these circumstances.

I apologize if I came off rude in my prior posts. Nothing against you personally. Nuff respect.

My brother is a huge Ferrari fan. If he would post on TS he could vouch that in June I told him that I was reserved to being second behind Ferrari and Kimi since they looked really dominant at the time and we were struggling for pace. I definitely have a lot of respect for Ferrari and what they have accomplished.

Originally Posted by like.no.other

Come on Alex you are comparing Hamilton to Mohammed Ali isn't that pushing it what has he accomplished to be compared to the greatest fighter of all time

and regarding your point on how Raikonen gained an advantage in a similar fashion I have a very bad memory but I'll take your word for it and IMO Raikonen should have been penalised as well if he gained an advantage. Also just because Lewis was penalised this time dosn't mean the stewards are out to get him please all Mclaren fans stop your conspiracy theories.
What puts a smile on my face is had Lewis given back the position he gained and then even let Kimi get away a little he would have passed him easily. Recal with me in the third stint both Kimi and Lewis put the harder compound tire and that virtualy wiped out Kimi's 4 second lead as the Mclaren was faster on the harder tire add to that the fact that it has just rained and lewis was gaining on Kimi where it was easy to see that he would pass him, since the Mclaren seemed to be much more stable in the rain than the Ferrari.

Ohh and Alex eventhough we're suporting each other's rivals in F1 I hope that we can become friends believe it or not some of my best friends support Mclaren..... Ohh and Great Avatar BTW I simply adore Eva Green and that 65 Black is not to bad either

Last edited by Alex; 09-24-2008 at 04:31 AM.