Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Belgian GP Press Conference - 46 Minutes Until Practice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Belgian GP Press Conference - 46 Minutes Until Practice!

Man, I can't wait for the race this weekend at Spa. This will either start to determine the WDC or mix things up even more. Can you imagine how jumbled it would get if Kimi wins this race?? But if Lewis wins, he can be in a very similar position as last year at this time. Yet he still lost the WDC! That is what makes F1 so great.

Check out the highlights of the press conference here. Kimi's interview is nearly incoherent - as usual.

Anyway, I am fired up!!!

pitpass - the latest, hottest F1 news

Is anyone actually going to the race? This is such a diverse group, someone must be there. We demand a report with pics!

Last edited by Barrister; 09-05-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man. It will be crazy if Kimi wins this race. It will definitely throw him into the mix. We really can't discount him because of his 3 wins. Judging between the parity (or lack there of) between the cars there are so many scenarios that can happen. If we think Kimi can take it we have to assume that Massa will take second which can leave us with the scenario of Lewis 3rd because I can't fathom Ron letting Heikki sabotage Lewis.

That would leave us with Lewis-76, Felipe-72, Kimi 67 with five races to go.

This is all assuming that that Kimi is going to be strongest based on the Ferrari's performance last year. Who knows if Ferrari has already shifted to backing Felipe outright. Of course McLaren could well be the strongest car of the field. Lewis is definitely the real deal. The weather and the compounds by Bridgestone could well be the determining factor.

So many possibilities. And that's why I love F1.

Disclosure. In contrast to Barrister, I am a hardcore lifelong member of the tifosi.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ajs887
Disclosure. In contrast to Barrister, I am a hardcore lifelong member of the tifosi.
Ha Ha. I love the tifosi crowd! They are passionate and very knowledgeable. They just root for the wrong team!

I have been very suspicious of Ferrari's reliability issues over the past two races - especially with their increased performance. We all saw Massa go by Lewis at the start in Hungary and his absolute domination in Valencia. Could Ferrari be using banned performance mods?? Both mechanical failures looked so very similar. Ferrari has blamed it on their connecting rod supplier and the Austrian company who makes the rods actually confessed to a manufacturing defect. Seems too convenient for me. I think with Kimi's lack of performance lately and Massa's tragic retirement in Hungary, Ferrari might just be that desperate. Whatever they did for Massa - it worked.

Kimi will be using his joker engine in this race. Massa had his best race last week while using his joker.

If Ferrari goes 1 - 2 it will make things very interesting indeed.