Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!
View Poll Results: Nikon or Canon
Nikon
47.14%
Canon
52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Nikon vs Canon

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
en57 is an unknown quantity at this point
All the photos taken and placed on Boston.com Big picture are taken by Nikon gear....

Old 12-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by en57
All the photos taken and placed on Boston.com Big picture are taken by Nikon gear....
^^^THIS....easily one of my favorite sites for gorgeous images. What first caught my eye about this site is the photos taken at the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics. The imagery created was just beyond mere words. I was at a loss when I first saw those pictures.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
Where are those pics!? to replace my 500d or T1i what do you chose!?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by andremarino
Where are those pics!? to replace my 500d or T1i what do you chose!?
You can always give me your 500D or T1i

Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Just picked up the new D3100 for my wife for Christmas, and she's in love. She's just dipping her toes into photography, but for the money it was a great deal. $640 for the body at 14.2 mpxl and a nice 18-55 lens is a pretty good deal. The online reviews on it are all very good.

Last edited by Damon@tirerack; 12-28-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Carrara
You can always give me your 500D or T1i

lol nahhh its ok with me....when I bought this one I saw nikon d90....d5000....the d3100 still not exist...and the one I wont was the 550d or t2i....but 390euros for my t1i with some extras..catch me...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by andremarino
lol nahhh its ok with me....when I bought this one I saw nikon d90....d5000....the d3100 still not exist...and the one I wont was the 550d or t2i....but 390euros for my t1i with some extras..catch me...
I'm looking to get a 550d. The problem is... They cost so much!

I can wait a few years though, when they get replaced, and the price goes down on a used kit some more.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I used to use Canon, which for the record I thought was wonderful. I then shifted to Nikon thinking I would be able to settle once and for all which camera to buy from here on. I am very happy with the Nikon and I feel it does take slightly better images.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
F430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished road
Always thought Nikon was the king of lenses

Old 12-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Carrara
I'm looking to get a 550d. The problem is... They cost so much!

I can wait a few years though, when they get replaced, and the price goes down on a used kit some more.
thats right, how much they cost in US? some time ago,before I bought this one I found 550d and nikon d90 for 350-400euros...but was in fuerteventura(island in Canarias,Spain) they dont have taxes etc...that is a fantastic price since they cost here about 800-900 euros..
You can check a used 50d...its a very good camera..they have the 60d now..so...but dont have video...and full hd video like the 500d and 550d...its a nice thing.

Quick Reply: Nikon vs Canon