Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!
View Poll Results: Nikon or Canon
Nikon
47.14%
Canon
52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Nikon vs Canon

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Which company's DSLR camera bodies were used as the sole camera to film recent BMW commecrials? Canon.
Nikon makes quality products. Canon has done a great job at making exceptional professional equipment, then providing almost all of the professional-grade quality at much lower prices in their entry-level products. Their entire range is just amazing.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
"Nikon Cameras - making woman-on-woman action more accessible to the masses"

Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diskreet
Which company's DSLR camera bodies were used as the sole camera to film recent BMW commecrials? Canon.
Nikon makes quality products. Canon has done a great job at making exceptional professional equipment, then providing almost all of the professional-grade quality at much lower prices in their entry-level products. Their entire range is just amazing.
NASA uses Nikon gear for their satellites.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Used in space>used to film commercial.

Done!

Nikon Win

By the way just look up lens mount adapters and see which lenses are most commonly used. It will probably be Nikon F-mount lenses.

Last edited by O2Supply; 12-17-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
started with a canon 500d....18-55is and a sigma 70-300. going to a 50mm 1.8...Its my first dslr camera and I´m enjoying...

Old 12-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mac K is on a distinguished roadMac K is on a distinguished road
Both are good. I'm leaning towards Nikon though, my D5000 is my starter DSLR and also my current DSLR.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Nikon baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
That's very cool, didn't know that! That speaks a lot to Nikon's quality.

But even with a computer engineering background I know that something that works well in space doesn't necessarily work well here.

One thing we're seeing here is that the differences, at least in the DSLR realm, are mainly personal. You can't go wrong with either.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
You guys have seen all my photos on here. What did I use? A Nikon baby! Nothing even comes close!

But I have to say that competition does foster growth so neither one wouldn't be where they are today if the other didn't exist.

I've also compared both. Nikon does a better job of getting crisp images capturing the richness of color depth compared to Canon. Of course this test was all done objectively.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
I know for a fact that with your talent or as Colin would say "Mad Skillz" it wouldn't matter what brand you shoot, they would still look great.

Originally Posted by atomic80
You guys have seen all my photos on here. What did I use? A Nikon baby! Nothing even comes close!

But I have to say that competition does foster growth so neither one wouldn't be where they are today if the other didn't exist.

I've also compared both. Nikon does a better job of getting crisp images capturing the richness of color depth compared to Canon. Of course this test was all done objectively.

Quick Reply: Nikon vs Canon