Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Sharing good locations to shoot

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Reviewing good locations to shoot - cool idea?

Some of know I launched a new photo site last week (Welcome to Capshured - Photos from your city). We're creating a showcase for local photos - it has some gaming components like Foursquare, but mainly we want to give local photographers a way to share their best shots from a shoot.

In addition to just sharing photos you take of your local area (or other major areas), we thought it would be cool to create a Yelp-like system for sharing and rating cool places to shoot. It's always hard to find interesting locations, whether it be an old barn or a cool spot in a forest, and though I'm sure some people like to keep their best spots secret, it would be awesome to be able to find cool new spots, share your photos from there, see other people's photos of the same spot, etc.

What do you guys think? We're even thinking of making an iPhone/Android app so you can find spots nearby or easily share and rate new ones. Would love some input.

Last edited by Andrew; 08-02-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Did I win the contest yet?

Old 08-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Did I win the contest yet?
Two days left, but you're winning.

Any thoughts on sharing locations?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Andrew
Two days left, but you're winning.

Any thoughts on sharing locations?
Minneapolis, Seattle, Miami, Las Vegas, maybe some of the cool national parks across the country...

I dunno. Those are just a few ideas.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Minneapolis, Seattle, Miami, Las Vegas, maybe some of the cool national parks across the country...

I dunno. Those are just a few ideas.
Not quite what I meant - just asking if the idea of having a way to share specific places to shoot would be cool (so places within those cities, like a building or general region of downtown, etc.).

Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
No one has any thoughts?

Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Andrew
Not quite what I meant - just asking if the idea of having a way to share specific places to shoot would be cool (so places within those cities, like a building or general region of downtown, etc.).
Kind of like a photo hunt feature? I think that'd be pretty cool. You could have regional contests for users to see who takes the best photo of a specific spot.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Kind of like a photo hunt feature? I think that'd be pretty cool. You could have regional contests for users to see who takes the best photo of a specific spot.
Yup, more or less, though people could just share and rate places without challenges too.

We're on the fence about making Capshured more or a social network for local photographers, or more of a strict showcase.