Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Best point and shoot for under $200???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Best point and shoot for under $200???

Been looking at the Sony DSC W50 and i've heard a lot of great things about it. Any other recommendations?? Price around $200.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
whatever Canon ISXXX falls in the price range.

/thread.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Check out dpreview.com.

x2 on the Canon advise. I've had 5 over the past 7 years and they've all been awesome and all still work to this day. I like the Casio Exylims too.

Do you still have to buy Sony memorysticks if you have a Sony camera? That was always the major turnoff for me, Sony used to charge almost double if compared to SD or CF cards with equal memory.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Check out dpreview.com.

x2 on the Canon advise. I've had 5 over the past 7 years and they've all been awesome and all still work to this day. I like the Casio Exylims too.

Do you still have to buy Sony memorysticks if you have a Sony camera? That was always the major turnoff for me, Sony used to charge almost double if compared to SD or CF cards with equal memory.

I think so. They also change formats so often. memorystick - memorystickduo - produo - memory micro. Jeeze.

I bought a memory card for my SE phone (2gb for 55+tax)
the next week I had to pick up one for my new nokia... (2gb for 18 flat)

I do like their UI on the phones though...

Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
whatever canon SD series you can get with that

sooo

x3?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
MJS
Teamspeed Member
MJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Check out dpreview.com.

+1 on dpreview.com ... very informative website. You will notice that they also favorably review the Canon's....

Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
I've been using my Canon SD600 for a couple years now, and it's great. Durable, good size, real good pictures, etc. I'll buy another for sure.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to beholdJackBauer is a splendid one to behold
If you can push your budget to ~$250 I would highly recommend the Canon SD870IS. I think it is fantastic for the price.

Key features:
-Image stabilization
-28mm wide angle
-decent zoom range
-underwater case available

Things to note based on preference:
-huge LCD screen and no optical viewfinder

Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
sd750

Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Member
Nightfall is an unknown quantity at this point
i love my SD750, but wonder if Canon may have something even better in the $ range now