Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

The Daily Amateur Photographer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond repute
Probably got overlooked as I posted in the POV thread... Please comment and critique so I can get better at taking pics!

Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
the Woddies are coming to town

Concours d'Elegance at Carnelian Bay

Attached Images   
Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Wow ciggie. Those shots are beautiful, sharp and rich! All your photos are great, but I really like the feel of those two.

Last edited by Pure Evo; 06-05-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ohhaiguys
Probably got overlooked as I posted in the POV thread... Please comment and critique so I can get better at taking pics!
I think those are great perspective shots. If it was mine, the only thing I'd do is play around a little in Photoshop to give the levels, contrast and colors a little more pop. But there's really nothing wrong with it as is.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 AM
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
Wow ciggie. Those shots are beautiful, sharp and rich! All your photos are great, but I really like the feel of those two.
Pure,
The craftsmanship in the woodwork on the Woodies are just amazing. They opened up a beautiful museum on the Lake so folks can enjoy the history most of the year. Appreciate your comments.
Thank you,
CG

Old 06-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ptphotography

Dude, you're like the crocodile hunter. I wouldn't get less than 10 feet from a wild snake unless I knew what it was.

"Crikey mate, a cottonmouth! She's a beaut! Let's move in for a closer look."

Old 06-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree with PureEvo, Nice shots, but just a tad more contrast to give some definition.
If it was me as well, i would align the horizon on pic number 2.
Also a suggestion on the 1st one if you were trying to capture the busy-ness of the town, try slowing down the shutter so that you capture the colors of the building and signs a bit more and then blurr the busyness of the traffic/people just to play with settings. A tripod or a lightpole may be necessary to make sure the stationary objects are not blurred if you keep your shuttle open a bit longer.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
With humblest apologies for messing with your photo, here it is with a super quick PS color/contrast boost, which just takes a little grey out and gives a bit more impact. I think go out and try a longer exposure on a tripod like ciggie suggested, that would be a really cool photo, as it's a great scene with the buildings and signs and stuff.

Ignore the horrible photochopping of the sky, it was a quick magic wand switch.

Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! I'll give it a try once I organize and sort through my trip photos. I didn't tweak much in those two photos. Just +5 or so sharpness in LR.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member

Saw this amazing piece of art (or graffiti).

Quick Reply: The Daily Amateur Photographer Thread