Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 RS5 Twin Turbo , have you heard?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
2015 RS5 Twin Turbo , have you heard?

I have now heard from several sources that the new 2015 RS5 (US) will have a 4.0 twin turbo @470 hp range with a lighter chassis and upgraded suspension & components.

Thoughts?

Old 02-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I guess your sources are right. I think it's the best thing Audi can do. I never really understood why they chose the high revving n/a engine for RS4/RS5. It just didn't make sense, I mean they are no GT3 RS, you want them to be fast in any situation and not only when you rev them to the red line.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!RaceDeck You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Living here in the mountains at 4000-11000 above sea-level, boosted motors always seem to perform better. I almost bought the Rs5 last year, but after driving it here and an RS7, the TT was hands down a better runner. Glad I waited, I plan on doing a Euro delivery of the 15' RS5 late summer /fall

Old 02-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That absolutely makes sense. Me too, I'm living at 3000ft above sea level...that alone makes an engine lose more than 10 percent of its power. Pretty sure a TT RS5 is gonna be awesome.
If you get your car delivered in germany and need any kind of advice where to go and so on, just come back to me with this!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:44 PM
R5T
Teamspeed Senior Member
R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Completely wrong.
Next RS4 / RS5 will have a 3.0 V6 BiTurbo with approx 475 hp.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by R5T
Completely wrong.
Next RS4 / RS5 will have a 3.0 V6 BiTurbo with approx 475 hp.
You may be right on the 3.0 or 4.0 Turbo, but they are going to a new engine for sure along with some other changes including front body panel , et.. Rumors are rumors until they announce officially, the sources I know have been really good on the past Porsche and Audi I have purchased in the past. Who Knows?