Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Twin-turbo Lamborghini LP560 + Twin-turbo Ford GT quickies but goodies

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura about
Twin-turbo Lamborghini LP560 + Twin-turbo Ford GT quickies but goodies

Normally, we don't post anything that doesn't have correction performed, but with two amazing cars, we figured it'd make a cool thread. We were originally contacted by the 2006 Ford GT owner to give his vehicle some much needed attention, and trust us, this thing needed every single thing we gave it... and then some. The car often hits the track, and the owner has it at events all over the nation, most recently a charity event put on by the Utah Highway Patrol. The owner is very active in the GT owners circle, and makes a point to drive his car as much as possible. I believe it has nearly 20k miles on it for this exact reason.

To begin...

Cleaning began with interior work first. Jacob began vacuuming, while I attended to the nasty door jams. Afterward, Jacob handled the filthy floor mats while I hit all hard surfaces with 1Z Cockpit premium

Moving away from the interior mess that was now looking much better, we got started with the exterior at the wheels. P21S wheel cleaner gel handled this job with some agitation.

Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Clear helped prep the car for washing

Following washing, claying was performed. As some many know: claying a white car is longer than any other color. Claying a white car that has seen a bunch of 200mph runs is even worse: it's brutal. Trust us. Even afterwards, the lowers and intakes intended to cool the brakes weren't perfect. We had a budget to work within.
After being rinsed free of clay lube, we started applying protection. Danase Wet Glaze was used via PC to give a high amount of initial slickness while muting paint defects. It also proved to work quite well on water spots that littered the racing stripes.

Allowing the DWG to cure, Jacob applied Meguiar's Trim Detailer spray was used on all black trim, and I got to try out a new product myself: Danase Diamond Gel. The directions state it can be used on trim and plastic, but I decided to give it a try on tires first. This product is as thick as honey, and likely would be best applied using a foam applicator. It spreads decently thin for having such a thick consistency, but best of all: it hardens as it dries. Once completely set, it's almost like a shell of protection that is completely dry to the touch despite the slightly shiny look it gives. To give a more matte finish, simply wipe before it completely dries. I can't see myself using it on rubber trim, but plastic bumpers, tires, and plastic trim would be the best candidates in my eyes for future use due to ease of use on those larger areas plus outstanding protection abilities.

Other areas also got touched up to cut down on eye-sores as much as possible in the time we were allotted

Following the DWG up with a coat of Danase Sealant (If you like DWG - you're sleeping on this product. I can't believe I waited so long to get some), the GT got a final wipe-down with FK 425. At the same time, all glass was hit with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate diluted properly with pure (0.00ppm) water.

Irony as expressed by cars

The end result of the clayed, DWGed, Sealed, and QDed paint was an insane amount of gloss for not having correction performed.

Everything said and done, the car looked 100% better in minimal time.

The Heffner Performance Twin-Turbo kit giving this baby over 1k hp (900ish at the wheels) surely doesn't hurt its sex appeal

Last edited by MuttGrunt; 10-20-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura aboutMuttGrunt has a spectacular aura about
Next up was a quickie but goodie. The owner was looking after Heffner Performance's newest creation: the LP560 Twin-turbo and wanted the exterior cleaned up as quick as possible. The vehicle was up here to be tested by a certain Michigan-based auto magazine, and was soon to leave to head out West for more testing by more publications. Everything on the car was pretty much stock outside of the twin turbo's and a tune which give it over 800whp. Not bad for AWD eh? I can't describe the sound of this baby, but you can imagine it's quite intense.

P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel was applied, agitated, then rinsed to a clean finish

Next was bath time

Following a rinse and blow-dry, Meguiar's Trim Detailer was applied to all vents, and Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical was applied to all painted surfaces to provide slickness and limited protection while maximizing shine for the time spent.

Hope you enjoyed the eye candy!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that lambo looks awesome.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
^ thanks!

Also- I forgot to add a link to Heffner's site in which both cars are shown from the photo-shoot that took place after this work was complete.

LP560TT Pictures

Of course... they also have engine bay shots

Old 10-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
where in MI are you located

Old 10-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
We're based out of SE Michigan, but being mobile we've done work all over the state. Dexter, Lansing, and further. I actually think we have two clients near Lansing to work for soon. If you're interested in having work done, please let me know!