Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi R8 V10 Spotted at quattro

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 993fan
If you believe that the GT-R is more aesthetically pleasing than the R8, you are undoubtedly in the minority. IMO,the GT-R is one of the ugliest sportscars available.
That was my point - the R8 is THAT hideous... Glad to know who I can turn to when I need a judge of taste....

Old 06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That was my point - the R8 is THAT hideous... Glad to know who I can turn to when I need a judge of taste....
<tag in>

Other than exhaust note (which any AMG even trumps) the R8 does nothing for me.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I like the R8, especially the front
Funny that I made a photochop last week with new sideskirts and they look alot like them!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
993fan is an unknown quantity at this point
That's quite funny. You agree that the GT-R is one of the ugliest sports cars available, yet you were still interested in buying one. Looks to me like you would have bought this "fugly" car if they had sold it to you at MSRP. Seems to me that when you can't get something, you start abasing and bashing. That is your post below is it not?

https://teamspeed.com/forums/japanes...ssan-gt-r.html

Post #5 - They are idiots. I don't know if you guys remember my thread about my pre-order fiasco, but there is little to no chance I'd buy one. It's a shame since it is undeniably a monster of a ride, but I can't deal with moronic salespeople, crap service, and now the nerve to markup an already vastly expensive (for a Nissan) car. Nissan made an ENORMOUS error by not selling it as an Infiniti in the US. Infiniti has GREAT customer service, salespeople, etc.

I might consider one if I can get a used one from some older dude who didn't realize what a beast he was buying (like what happened when the first 996 GT3s came out). Also, the V-Spec is supposedly coming...

Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
The R8 is a very striking car, but I don't think it'll be very impressive years from now. Also, I think the greenhouse looks oddly-shaped compared to the rest of the car. I would still prefer a Gallardo over the R8 V10.
Striking and Ugly at the same time?? I've never heard of that one before. Hmm, me thinks that you really, really want one and can't have it for the price that you want, so you bash away.

Stick with your RS4; it's much more affordable.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
^LOL at 993fan. You really have no idea what you're talking about do you. A car can be striking but not classically designed. Look at the McLaren F1 or the F40. 15-20 years later, they're still some of the most sought after cars. Do you think the R8 will be considered a good looking car in 15 years? Like the Reventon, or the Veyron, it's a striking car but will be dated real quick.

(I'd still whip one though lol)

Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
pixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished road
993FAN YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS ,lol this is your what 6th post on the forum, i also dont like the R8!!!!! imo i think it looks to long on the rear quarter sections

Last edited by pixxflix; 06-25-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by ashokn225
^LOL at 993fan. You really have no idea what you're talking about do you. A car can be striking but not classically designed. Look at the McLaren F1 or the F40. 15-20 years later, they're still some of the most sought after cars. Do you think the R8 will be considered a good looking car in 15 years? Like the Reventon, or the Veyron, it's a striking car but will be dated real quick.

(I'd still whip one though lol)
There's a huge difference between ugly and "not classically designed". I don't care about what they think in 15-20 years. I'll be driving it in 2008.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 993fan
There's a huge difference between ugly and "not classically designed". I don't care about what they think in 15-20 years. I'll be driving it in 2008.
You do seem to be very defensive of the R8. Can't we just all agree that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Old 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by pixxflix
993FAN YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS ,lol this is your what 6th post on the forum, i also dont like the R8!!!!! imo i think it looks to long on the rear quarter sections
Hey Elliot, nobody really cares if you like the R8 or not. Everything is subjective. I initially didn't like the R8 that much either. However, after seeing it more and driving it, I had to have one. The car drives fantastically and is much more practical than both the 360 and Gallardo.

As far as "making friends", I wouldn't want to be friends with someone ignorant enough to post such a statement in the Audi section. It's analagous to going to the middle of Chinatown and declaring "Chinese are stupid".

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10 Spotted at quattro