Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi S4 snapped undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:02 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Audi S4 snapped undisguised

This new-generation Audi S4 will make its debut at the Paris motor show in October. Exterior changes seem slight and subtle compared with the standard A4, mostly based around more aggressive front and rear.
Quad exhaust pipes are the biggest giveaway of the S4’s performance potential, but it also gets polished aluminium-effect wing mirrors, plus a deeper S-Line style front bumper and LED lights front and rear. It’s clear that, in design terms, plenty of ‘headroom’ has been left for a more visually forceful RS4.

Thanks to a leaked Audi document we know that the S4 will get a 333bhp, supercharged 3.0-litre V6 under the bonnet in place of the previous generation’s 4.2-litre naturally aspirated V8. The move is part of Audi’s drive to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Insiders tell us that Audi has also reduced the weight of the new S4 to further improve fuel economy and boost performance.

Audi sees the new S4 as a rival for the likes of BMW’s 335i while the next RS4 will take the fight to the M3.

Attached Images      
Old 06-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I love Audis, but that looks a little boring to me... Bummer. I know they save the real visual treat for the RS cars, but they could've flared the fenders a little more, given it a more aggressive tail (diffuser?), etc.

I wonder what a pulley and chip will do for that considering the miracles that combo does in the Mustang Cobra/Ford GT.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking car thought it would be a little more agressive.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Red Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to beholdRed Mist is a splendid one to behold
Very nice and clean, but I agree a bit pedestrian overall....

Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a huge Audi lover however, I must say that I'm a little disappointed with the look of this car. You would think it would have a more aggressive appeal. Well, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope there is better news to come.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:55 AM
kem
Teamspeed Rookie
kem is an unknown quantity at this point
hrm, not offering much in the looks department over the a4. In general Audi is diluting their higher end cars by making so many s-lines that look just as cool as the s4.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kem
hrm, not offering much in the looks department over the a4. In general Audi is diluting their higher end cars by making so many s-lines that look just as cool as the s4.
Agreed, still a good looking car albeit. BTW SC'd 3.0 6, hm.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
I kind of like it . . . it is a bit restrained, this is true. I suppose that just leaves more room out there for tuners to design. The quad tips seem to help.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:11 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I love Audis, but that looks a little boring to me... Bummer. I know they save the real visual treat for the RS cars, but they could've flared the fenders a little more, given it a more aggressive tail (diffuser?), etc.

I wonder what a pulley and chip will do for that considering the miracles that combo does in the Mustang Cobra/Ford GT.
100% with you on this one, its too subtle for my liking.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Red Mist
Very nice and clean, but I agree a bit pedestrian overall....
agreed, although i would be interested to see what the tuners make of that SC'd V6.

Quick Reply: Audi S4 snapped undisguised