Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially official: 2013 Audi RS4 Avant

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
RS5 is indeed coming. Order guides should be arriving any day now. I'm guessing $90K with everything (incl. ceramic brakes).
That's great. But I can't see them selling that many either. Why not bring a few nice R Avants to the U.S.? It's not like they can't absorb the FMVSS cost considering how well Audi is doing.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
That's great. But I can't see them selling that many either. Why not bring a few nice R Avants to the U.S.? It's not like they can't absorb the FMVSS cost considering how well Audi is doing.
there are simply not enough petrolheads seeing the value in those cars..
I guess the general stigma over at you still is that Wagons are lower value cars...or at least not bound to the luxury car segment

Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Love everything about it, and it is a shame they dont bring these here...a damn shame!! lol

Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
there are simply not enough petrolheads seeing the value in those cars..
I guess the general stigma over at you still is that Wagons are lower value cars...or at least not bound to the luxury car segment
I don't think that's the case. I think that's what Audi fears, but reality is, if they were to bring 1000-2000 RS4 Avants to the US, they'd sell every one of them.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
the demand is amazing for avants. When I sold my 06 S4 avant a year ago I had people calling me from all of the country for it. and it was an 06 with close to 90K miles. It was in pristine condition and the miles didnt seem to bother many. I think they could easily sell everyone they brought over.

And I know this may sound strange but what if audi were to sell them as a loss leader like a best buy does with certain items? They take a loss selling one item with the expectation that youll buy something else either now or in the future and make that profit back. Audi is making a killing right now, why not try to create the market (if one doesnt exist) for avants and sell them at a break even price point? If an RS4 avant was $60K they would sell everyone of them and then some. The issue is they dont bring enough to the US, so then how do people see them on the roads and buy one?.

Thats how I bought mine, saw one at a gas station one day and loved it. Began looking for one the following week and 3 months later bought one.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Manual S4 Avant in good shape are worth serious money, and there's a reason for that.

Audi USA should take a look at the second hand market for these and realize that while they might not make money on these models, selling a thousand or 1500 units of them shouldn't be a problem.

I mean, if RS4 Avant was here, I would have bought that instead of the V Wagon. Not that I am unhappy with the V wagon, on the contrary, it's a great car, but the RS4 Avant is on another level in terms of the overall package.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
and to following up my previous post.. The reason I purchased a $65K Q7 this year was only because of my positive experience with my S4. Never would have even looked at audi if it wasnt for my love for the S4 avant. And now Im considering a S5 cab to replace my mini cooper. Think its bad business and a lame excuse on Audi's part to say they wont sell enough to justify the expense. There a multi billion dollar company; Im sure there is space on the boat for a few avants every so many weeks.

The TTRS is proof that enough people ask for it, they will sell it here.

In fact Im going to fire off a letter right now to audi.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parealtor
The TTRS is proof that enough people ask for it, they will sell it here.

In fact Im going to fire off a letter right now to audi.
The RS5 is another example. Count me in on that letter - you can assure Audi of at least 5 sales just in this thread.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The RS5 is another example. Count me in on that letter - you can assure Audi of at least 5 sales just in this thread.
I would love to get an Imola Yellow (just like my S4 Avant) with alcantara interior RS Avant via European delivery.

Currently I am planning on doing that on the F10 M5, and the timing will work out perfectly because the V Wagon goes off lease in 2.5 years.

I will take the RS Avant over the F10 M5, via ED.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
does Audi even offer ED?

I think you can`t compare the RS4 to the M5...the #bimmer would totally slaughter it
but when it comes to real world DD it might make sense

I think Audi should give all this a try and furthermore start working on the customer relation department,..and try to bring the Audi experience closer to the customer like BMW does with their (imo) great delivery program