Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Prius! SUCK IT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Are the lease number really this terrible?

2011 Audi A3 lease in Beaverton, OR

A fully loaded AWD 2.0T is over 500 bucks with sales tax?

That seems crazy high. I am thinking about it because I am thinking of selling the E30 beater and get this as the backup car.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
But 45mpg isn't very good at all.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by P K Wright
But 45mpg isn't very good at all.
Those are US gallons, mate. For you guys, that equates to about 54mpg. Not bad for a 2.0L car with decent performance. Keep in mind, our usual cars around here are lucky to get 25-30 mpg.

Originally Posted by stuka
Are the lease number really this terrible?
Yes. A3s don't lease well. I've purchased both of mine for 0.9% or 1.9%.

Originally Posted by sean73T
Chris can you do a mini review, I'm heavily considering one...
Sure. First thing, ALWAYS get the S-line package and sport package. The S-line sport seats are awesome. We didn't get them this time since the wife didn't think Alcantara + baby mess would equal a "good thing". I miss them. Second, with the different variations, think about your priorities. For example, if you want quattro, you can only get it with S-tronic (not bad IMO). If you want diesel, you can only get FWD and S-tronic, etc. Given the huge gap (now) in diesel and premium, the quattro gasoline version would have been better, but the diesel is not breaking my heart by any means.

My first A3 wasn't as nice as this new one - this one has better interior materials, nav, better leather, better steering wheel, better wheels, etc. One option I think really sets off the A3 is the OpenSky roof. Basically a double sunroof, we limo-tinted it and leave the shades open all the time. It's a cool effect and really makes the car look great.

If I were buying one for myself tomorrow, I'd spec a quattro with OpenSky, S-line sport package, Titanium package (blacks out the chrome, better wheels), full nav/Bose/etc. It'd probably hit right under $40K, but getting a few grand off shouldn't be difficult.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
JT - read your rep - no way you went too far. I told my wife I wanted to do a TDI RS3 replica with hers, down to the seats. She said, "It's my car, leave it alone."

Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
She knew exactly what you were thinking when you had those crazy eyes when looking at the new A3, I'm sure. The funny thing is that when I bought the A3, I swore I'd leave it completely stock. That didn't even last a week.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
She knew exactly what you were thinking when you had those crazy eyes when looking at the new A3, I'm sure. The funny thing is that when I bought the A3, I swore I'd leave it completely stock. That didn't even last a week.
What kind of reasonable gain can you expect with a chip from a reputable company? I a mtalking without messing with exhaust or intake, etc?

For the 2.0T engine, that is.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:22 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Historically, you're going to get more HP gains from a ECU flash if you have a turbocharged engine compared to a naturally aspirated engine.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
What kind of reasonable gain can you expect with a chip from a reputable company? I a mtalking without messing with exhaust or intake, etc?

For the 2.0T engine, that is.
40-50hp, best $600 one can ever spend

Old 11-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by .:Raul
40-50hp, best $600 one can ever spend
So what's the difference between a 2.0T AWD and a GolfR?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Google it,

Quick Reply: Hey Prius! SUCK IT!