Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS4 Supersprint Exhaust: complete / catback. Prices, video, pictures, dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Gardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished road
RS4 Supersprint Exhaust: complete / catback. Prices, video, pictures, dyno.

The RS4, thanks to a very passionate owner and to ATK in italy, is undergoing a very interestening developing program.
The car was tested from standard so we have data of all the modifications and gains.
It's a testimony of how hard is to get performance gains on these cars and should show some owners how much some claimed numbers are fake.

We are currently testing the headers. This is the 3rd prototype we have made, it's a "step-design" product, this means we have a smaller diameter first section of the primary pipes, close to the head, and an larger section going into the manifold.
This allow an high speed flow of gas out of the combustion chamber, with better scavenging, for torque and pickup, and low counterpressure, for high revs power. It's the best of both worlds!
They will be very similar to these for the Ferrari F430, 997 gt3, E46 M3 and 1.8 Supercharged Elise/Exige

As many of you will know, the standard RS4 is a bit lower on power than the claimed numbers.
We tested a few cars and the actual power is around 370 bhp!
The test car we're using has a mildy modified air intake, ecu remap, decat pipes, a straight through centre section and oval mufflers, plus the prototype headers.
The last dyno test resulted in 405 bhp (from 396 of the previous attempt, 35 bhp more than standard, but much more important is the 434 nm of torque and the gains through all the rev range!
We hope to get close to the claimed 420 bhp, and keep the strong delivery that makes this car so much fun to drive, thanks to the fast throttle response and strong trust at any revs.

As these are not on sale now, we currently offer sports cats, two centre sections (silenced and not) e two different muffler designs (oval and dual tips).

It's a 100% Stainless steel complete system, pipes size are 2 x Ø70mm ⇒ 2 x Ø63,5mm ⇒ 2 x Ø60mm
The cats are high end HJS 100 CPSI metallic, with a consistent deposit of palladium, rhodium and platinum, for durability and efficiency.
The metallic matrix is 304 stainless steel.
The mufflers are completely 304 stainless steel, handmade in Italy, with stainless steel wool and basalt wool.
The pipes are mandrel bend with as few weldings as possible.
All the system is a easy fit, high quality bolts, nuts etc are included.
All the products are TUV approved, so the quality and durability are top notch.

All the system informations are available here: exhaust system AUDI A4 RS4 QUATTRO (Sedan + Avant) 4.2i V8 (420 Hp) '06 ??, exhaust system components AUDI A4 RS4 QUATTRO (Sedan + Avant) 4.2i V8 (420 Hp) '06 ??
766902 - 766932
Downpipe R. and L. HJS 100 Cpsi metallic cats. Compatible with OEM headers, to fit with our centre section.
Vibrations and engine movement are absorbed by a spherical joint with retaining springs.
List price is 1919,96 $ each.
Audizine members price is 1635,91 $ each.

Centre exhaust + " X - Pipe ".
Fits perfectly under the car with the standard brakets.
No drone in the car, for comfort driving and commuting
List price is 936,02 $
Audizine members price is 797,65 $.

Centre pipe + " X - Pipe "
Louder lighter and cheaper than the 766903.
List price is 544,59 $
Audizine members price is 464,09 $

766906 and 766936
Rear exhaust R. and L. , dual round slash cut 90 mm tips.
List price is 963,24 $ each
Audizine members price is 820,86 $ each

766905 and 766935
Rear exhaust R. and L. , oval 145x95 mm tips.
List price is 770,94 $ each
Audizine members price is 656,98 $ each

Final Prices:
Just mufflers, dual tips, are 1641,72 $**>1600
Catback system, no centre silencer, with oval exits is 1778,05 $**>1700
Complete system (cats, centre silenced section, dual round tips) is 5711,19 $.**>5600 $

Headers prices are not decided yet.
All the components are available at BMP / Supersprint NA. Contact Jared@Supersprint here on the forum!
EU or other countries prices on request, send me a PM or an email at gardus@supersprint.com

Video (The car has prototype headers, no cats, straight through centre section and oval mufflers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OWszr_1SQA
Dyno charts next!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Looks sweet - I wish I still had my RS4!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
chrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond repute
If I were the owner of that car you tested that system on, I would most likely kick your ass for treating it like that. Nothing like a 7.5k launch on an AWD car.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Gardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished road
Chris, for your information, it was the owner who was driving and who decided to do a standing start. Usually we do rolling starts or flybys, as you can see in the other videos on our website.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
chrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond repute
Well then I would kick my own ass lol....sorry

Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
No problem, I wouldn't torture the clutch of a client's car that way!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished roadSticky is on a distinguished road
When will the headers be available for sale?

Dynos?

Old 02-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I'm reluctant to post the dyno of the 2nd prototype headers as they're not the finished products. I'll post the dyno charts of the rest of the exhausts today as soon as the dyno is not occupied (we're testing a client E39 M5 with a complete exhaust system..what a beatiful sound! Then there's a Alfa 159 with the last turbo 1750cc engine)

If the testing of the new version is successful as we think, production will start around March I think.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
OEM Car

Rear Exhausts only

OEM vs Rear Exhausts only

Catback

OEM vs Catback

Sports cat + catback

OEM vs Sports cat + catback

Last edited by Gardus; 02-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yesterday we had an RS4, a complete system was fitted, with non-resonated centre x-pipe and dual round exhausts.
We had a few problems with the oem exhaust as the lambda sensors were stuck to the oem cats...
Here a few pictures of the job!

X-pipe:

Sports HJS cats:

Oem parts:
cats (one of the flex joint was broken)

Muffler