Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New '11 S4 Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Blue4reF1
Well I actually drove a friends B8 S4 today with Miltek exhaust and APR ECU and we did a VBox GPS run with it and it only ran .1s faster than I did (mine was 4.5s), however, it was 80F degrees today and when I ran my car it was 50F degrees. I believe he can get 4.2s in colder weather. It felt a lot faster than my car especially past 4 or 5k RPMs but I think his Miltek exhaust sold me. It had a custom X-pipe and was non res and sounded unbelievable. Think that will be my next mod!
Was the S/C whine a lot louder than in your car?
Also, do you feel any noticeable difference in torque below 5k?
And finally, was his car shifting at the redline or just before?

TIA

Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Was the S/C whine a lot louder than in your car?
Also, do you feel any noticeable difference in torque below 5k?
And finally, was his car shifting at the redline or just before?

TIA
1. I honestly wasn't paying attention to the difference with the loudness of the S/C whine, I was more focused on the ECU and Milltek exhaust but from what I remember it wasn't significantly different from mine.

2. It felt a lot torquier than my car and definitely more powerful - especially after 4-5k rpm it just ripped through the gears.

3. It was odd, sometimes the car short shifted and sometimes it redlined. I believe it only redlined in Dynamic mode and normal Drive, when you move in to Manual mode it seems to shift a few hundred RPMs short.

Two videos I took.

YouTube - Audi S4 with custom Milltek exhaust

Old 02-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
1. I honestly wasn't paying attention to the difference with the loudness of the S/C whine, I was more focused on the ECU and Milltek exhaust but from what I remember it wasn't significantly different from mine.

2. It felt a lot torquier than my car and definitely more powerful - especially after 4-5k rpm it just ripped through the gears.

3. It was odd, sometimes the car short shifted and sometimes it redlined. I believe it only redlined in Dynamic mode and normal Drive, when you move in to Manual mode it seems to shift a few hundred RPMs short.

Two videos I took.

What kind of intake did you get? That car sounds awesome! I've kept mine stock so it retained it's drivability and it's quiet highway drive, but that car sounds incredible.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Stratmosphere. It sounds pretty much identical to his from the front with the supercharger whine. Some people may think its too loud but the whine only comes in at 4k+RPM. It was a great addition and I'd highly recommend it.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
like the way your S4 looks. I had a Milltek exhaust on my wifes TT.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Stratmosphere. It sounds pretty much identical to his from the front with the supercharger whine. Some people may think its too loud but the whine only comes in at 4k+RPM. It was a great addition and I'd highly recommend it.
Thank you for the info. Looks like the modding will begin.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
great looking car

Old 02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the rough
sounds supercharged!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
P///M215 is an unknown quantity at this point
im glad audi decided to take the v8 out and go back to a v6, a supercharger v6!! Nice car!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Gardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished roadGardus is on a distinguished road
Nice car! Are those the EU TT-RS wheels?

The intake gives it a lot more supercharged noise, as the one we tested here didn't sound like that, even with the exhaust:
AUDI A4 B8 S4 QUATTRO (Berlina + Avant) 3.0TFSI V6 (333 Hp) '09 ?? scarichi auto

Quick Reply: My New '11 S4 Titanium