Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S5 Saga Continues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
icruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond repute
S5 Saga Continues

Got this information from a dealer rep. so take it for what it's worth. Any new S5 orders will be 2009 models with a big price increase. Audi hasn't released the new pricing but the dealer expects a 10-15% increase. There is also the possiblity of moving from a V8 to a forced induction V6 in order to meet European emissions and future/new US CAFE standards. The change could start as early as the middle of the 2009 model year.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously?
I'm so glad I got out of my order. There's just something wrong with Audi HQ

Old 04-22-2008, 02:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen 2 here in miami

Old 04-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like the idea of them taking the V8 out, regardless of the tuning potential of a turbo V6

Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by icruze
Got this information from a dealer rep. so take it for what it's worth. Any new S5 orders will be 2009 models with a big price increase. Audi hasn't released the new pricing but the dealer expects a 10-15% increase. There is also the possiblity of moving from a V8 to a forced induction V6 in order to meet European emissions and future/new US CAFE standards. The change could start as early as the middle of the 2009 model year.

I really don't buy either of those things. The car won't sell at 15% more, Audi's not stupid. Same with the smaller engine...they may as well just kill the model.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
While i don't think it will go up 15% a price increase wouldn't surprise me for at least a couple of reasons:

They're trying to keep it exclusive.
The car is making more money for them (exchange rate) in countries outside of the US (hence the rather limited supply out here).

A mate of mine is looking to lease an A5 and the numbers are terrible. He'll probably end up with a 335 instead.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Sadly I think we're going to have to start seeing increases in prices of (especially) European cars because they'd like to make some money and that's becoming increasingly difficult to do in America with the dollar where it is. The s5 was on my list of daily drivers, I hope the increase won't remove it from the list.