Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT-RS - Jamiekip

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
^amazing. Thanks for sharing. Love the TT-RS.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
It's amazing what Audi manages to get out of this thing.

It has 80hp less than an M3 but accelerates quicker from start up to around 140 km/h. After that the M3 starts catching up but in reality I think you rarely accelerate to a higher speed than that. Definitely a M3 killer and the sound it makes is glorious!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished road
With the torque it has it will torment an M3 even when keeping below 5k rpm.... I know, I had a play with one when I was running mine in... to say I was surprised is an understatement, but that was at sensible speds, as you say, a stock TT-RS would start losing ground when it got in to silly speeds.
Would obliterate one now though... I should be looking at between 420-430 bhp and around 415-420lb/ft on a nice flat torque band.... should be back on the RR soon so will keep you posted

Old 07-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura about
excellent...welcome to the team

Old 07-10-2010, 05:20 AM
R5T
Teamspeed Senior Member
R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by jamiekip
YouTube - TTRS Milltek Race Exhaust

Huge thanks to:
Charlie, Phil & Kev @ Milltek
Carl @ Revo for pulling it out of the bag today (owe you a beer fella)
And finally James @ Sports Tech for fitting me in at the last minute on a Friday afternoon

Thanks for reading
To much background noise to get a clear impression IMHO.

But if it sound i bit like this it will be cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJugNII9ktg

Last edited by R5T; 07-10-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:44 PM
SG
Teamspeed Member
SG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond reputeSG has a reputation beyond repute
maybe one day Audi will bring back the coupe in pure form

Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Im a big fan of this car, I think it should look best with the RS6 rims in anthracite.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished road
Improved sound file without the background noise from Millteks workshop...

Stood still revving like this doesn't really do it justice, when its under load it sounds much better

YouTube - Audi TTRS Milltek Race exhaust

Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Little update from me...

Anyway, as for the mod's on the car, really, REALLY pleased.

Benefits of ARB's are widely reported, they tighten everything up a notch and dial out the understeer designed in to the standard car. The car feels much more agile as a result. Quite a costly mod, and a ****** to fit, but as per my experiences with the S3, they make such a difference to front end bite and overall stability that I think they are a must for any keen driver. All these benefits without damanging ride comfort... no brainer really!

As for the bushes, I got the Superpro Lower torque arm insert, front engine steady and lower front wishbone bushes done. These have managed to get rid of some of the numbness in the steering without transmitting unwanted vibration through to the cabin. Shock horror, steering feel in an Audi... whatever next!

One word of warning to any TTRS owner that has not had the alignment checked since taking delivery of the car..... DO get it checked. According to Ed my car was way out ont he rear wheels, which will have accounted for some of the 'looseness' my car was experiencing.... worrying that it was delivered so far out of the parameters!!

Really pleased with how this has brought the car on and a big thank you to Ed @ APS and the guys for some cracking work.

Ohhh, and there was another Suzuka TTRS at APS... one certain Murpheous's project in build - cracking looking car and the Brembo big brake kit looked the mutts nuts!!!!
His car is riding on H&R coilovers... so looking forward to getting the same set up on my car now.... ride height was just about spot on and according to Ed, comfort improves over standard set up... best of both worlds!?!

I was at Audi Driver International at Castle Combe last weekend...

Anyway, a couple of vid's from the day:

Brakes were still cooking from the first session, but still showed good pace Smiley
YouTube - Session 2 - www.VAGoc.co.uk - TTRS @ Audi Driver International 2010 Castle Combe

A good little battle with the urQuattro rally car (on track tyres I might add!!)
YouTube - Session 3 - www.VAGoc.co.uk - TTRS @ Audi Driver Int'l 2010 - Castle Combe

Old 10-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice little car!! I wish Audi would bring it over to the US. I'm glad you're enjoying it.