Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT-RS - Jamiekip

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
jamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished road
Talking TT-RS - Jamiekip

My weapon of choice:

The car as new:

Managed to get along to a rolling road day at Awesome GTi and find out what my car is putting out in stock. Well, it would seem that the TT-RS is very much like the S3's and pumps out more than quoted in the brochure.

3 runs
HP @ the wheels
1: 316.79
2: 328.16
3. 324.83

HP @ The fly
1: 360.42
2: 367
3: 364

lb/ft
1: 379.58
2: 386.47
3: 384.79

That's 32bhp and 46lb/ft up on the quoted figures

As you can imagine I'm very pleased with the results, seems I have a good 'un, and the general feeling is that this is pretty accurate given the results from other cars rolling on the day

As promised video:

TT-RS :: MVI_0212.flv video by jamiekip - Photobucket

TT-RS :: MVI_0210.flv video by jamiekip - Photobucket

And to compare the noise... here's one of Jonny's... turn up your speakers...

TT-RS :: MVI_0216.flv video by jamiekip - Photobucket

TT-RS :: MVI_0215.flv video by jamiekip - Photobucket

All noise no action that one like

A few shots from GTi International last week:

The car had Revo stage 1 installed at Inters and should be producing around 415bhp and 405lb/ft.

Next week the new system goes on:

Race
Customers looking to attack the race track with an exhaust that achieves uncompromised gas flow, a useful weight-saving, peak operating efficiency and, an Audi Quattro-esque 5-cylinder burble that simply emanates “Power”, nothing fits the bill better than the Milltek Race system.

The race system employs a massive 100mm / 4” free-flow turbo elbow (see photo, right), feeding immediately into a high-flow 100 CPSI (cells per square inch) catalyst, via uninterrupted 76mm / 3” pipework, to a connecting pipe and finally, the rear silencer. The silencer itself has the same external appearance as the Milltek Road system but features trick race internals.

Milltek understands that regardless of whether you intend to use your car mainly on the race track or mainly on the road, there are times when you want flexibility to do either. That’s why both the Road and Race systems are fitted with an Active Exhaust Valve which operates in conjunction with the TT RS’s Sport button to keep unwanted noise when cruising to a minimum.
This should offer c430bhp and 415lb/ft plus significant improvements in spool up and low end torque.

Next up, coilovers and ARB's

Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Welcome to the TEAM!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome and thanks for the detailed post. Nice to see some TT RS's on here

Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished roadjamiekip is on a distinguished road
Cheers for the welcome guys
Though I feel my TT is entry level in this place - some amazing toys on here.

Have you guys had the TT RS confirmed yet?
It really is a gem of an engine... R8 v8 is no contest especially after a remap... M3's, I was glued to one whilst running in lol
Jonny, the guy with the black one, has already created two UK leading cars, a GTi Ed30 with c450bhp and an S3 with c500bhp... he's gunning for more out of the TT... 10's for the 1/4..... going to be epic.

Last edited by jamiekip; 07-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS! Love the RS. You're the first member to have one on here.
Post up some interior pics if you can. Cheers.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Wooohhoooo first up

Only interior pic I have actually... from the dealer so not great!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, this car is tough as hell. I hope Audi brings it to the US!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
welcome, sick looking RS.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Another Update from me:

As most of you know Milltek were fitting the Race system to the car today.
I was greeted by Kev, their exhaust system developer, who proceeded to talk me through the job in hand and then talk a little about what he developed with the system. Top bloke as it turns out and put me straight at ease, as this is Milltek's only running Race system right now

Anyway, I got a quick vid of the car with the stock system on as a comparison and it was then up on the ramp for some quick pic's of the standard system in place.

The OEM system consists of:
DP containing the first primary Cat - this branches off in two
2 x Secondary cats
2 x small silencers
Back box

And here it is.... quite a fussy piece of kit really with quite a lot of restriction particularly in the elbow of the DP and through all the kinks and turns of the dual pipe system.

Before getting the new Milltek system fitted I managed to get some side by side shots which really illustrates the differences between the two systems:

The new Milltek Race set up consists of:
4" Down Pipe (with no Cat)
100 Cell Sport Cat
3" Non Res connecting pipe
Race specification back box with minimal silencing

NB: the back box retains the same dimensions as Millteks standard back box in an effort to contain drone

Kev then got on with putting it all back together and here is how it looks when all back in place:

Kev then fired her up and I was pleased already.... the car sounds instantly more throaty straight from start up - the standard setting to me is like the OEM system in Sport, if not a little louder straight away. Good stuff
Push the sport button and the car instantly has a deeper more purposeful tone about it. So a quick spin to check all is in check and then back up on the ramps for another visual inspection. All is good

Final checks before I was on my way were to get the emissions run for piece of mind and I'm pleased to say this thing will breeze an MOT so no future worries there

So after Milltek it was off to Sports Tech Limited who are around the corner. The guys at Revo had very kindly organised for them to update the software on my car to compliment the new exhaust system. Nice little outfit if you're in the Derby area

Anyway, the car now drives better again, spool up time is improved, low end torque is improved and the noise is awesome when you floor it. Surprisingly on the motorway run back up north drone was non existent when in normal mode, with only a little bit creeping through at certain speeds when in sports mode. So, when I'm on my own, sport button will be pressed, when I'm with the Boss (Girlfriend) it can stay in normal and I won't get told off

And you've waited patiently enough, so here is the sound comparison - doesn't do it justice really, as under load it sounds significantly better. I need to borrow Jonny's mates private driveway next time I'm home I think

YouTube - TTRS Milltek Race Exhaust

Huge thanks to:
Charlie, Phil & Kev @ Milltek
Carl @ Revo for pulling it out of the bag today (owe you a beer fella)
And finally James @ Sports Tech for fitting me in at the last minute on a Friday afternoon

Thanks for reading

Old 07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely brilliant little car! I'm glad we finally have one on board! People just don't comprehend how seriously quick these things are!