Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT-S, S-line (x-post from POV)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Well i have to dig into the numbers. I have the 2.0T in the A5 weighs about 3350 or so and has 211HP. I believe the TT-S has 265HP don't know what the weight is, certainly not an explosive but boring engine. in the TT-RS and i don't know if that even comes to the US I believe they have a 5 cylinder engine. I have seen several ICs, CAI, exhaust and chip mods for the 2.0 and I believe that you can close to 350HP. My car is about 450lbs lighter than a S5 but still the 2.0T engine even with the same HP does not seem to be all that. Don't get me wrong the A5 is an awesome car, very quiet and comfy and the MPG from the 2.0T is awesome. EPA is 25 average and I managed the first tank 31MPG so very happy with that. That gets me over 500 miles per tank or one fill up a week for the commute. But the 2.0T engine is very boring.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Yeah, I'm curious what Schwabe's gripe about the 2.0T is as well. I'm considering a TT-S as a replacement for my wife's A3. That's right - I want to buy my wife some TT-S.
Funny thing is, my gf wants to acquire both I won't complain if either one happens.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tsar
Funny thing is, my gf wants to acquire both I won't complain if either one happens.
Precisely! If my wife turns 40 and we still don't have kids, we get to buy some boobies!! The TT-S might be sooner.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
TT-S is listed as 3200 or so.

I've got the 1.8T in our "commuter" (neither of us commute) A4 and have driven the 2.0T in a loaner '09 A4. A sports car it isn't, very far from it. You're right that its not exciting in its power delivery. On the other hand it isn't meant to be, it is quiet and nice to drive on the freeway and awesome in the snow.

Maybe it was a mistake to pair and engine meant for a sedan/cruiser in a sports car. But buy a cayman if you want something that looks similar (but better) and is probably more fun to drive.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
A Cayman is a no-go since we need the winter traction and there's no chance I'll let my wife drive a RWD mid-engined sports car in the snow... Not at least until she's done a couple of Skip Barber courses.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
RWD sports car + snow = great fun. Right up until connecting with the telephone pole.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
Sully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to allSully is a name known to all
I love the 2.0T from VW/Audi. I have a MKV GTI it made close to 300whp on 100 octane. Full Bolt on Stage 3 clutch and waste gate mod. They are alot of fun to drive. The 3.2L TT is also pretty quick with intake and Revochip.

Here are a few videos. The K04 GTI makes about 325whp and it lighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Rp7...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-usK271lcg

My old GTI vs a Subi WRX that ran 13.2 at 103
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32uaJlzmZQ

Last edited by Sully; 02-17-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker

Maybe it was a mistake to pair and engine meant for a sedan/cruiser in a sports car. But buy a cayman if you want something that looks similar (but better) and is probably more fun to drive.
You didn't recommend for me to buy a Cayman, didn't you????

Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Schwabe
You didn't recommend for me to buy a Cayman, didn't you????
Not you in particular, just people in general.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro