Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longterm Audi reliability

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
BlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to all
02 A4 with 120k, 05 A6 just hit 85k... no prob so far.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I appreciate your experience. However, I'm not sure it's an accurate representation of typical modern Audi. Your car sounds closer to a lemon.
I dont disagree, but it doesnt change my mind on the quality of the brand. I've even written to corporate Audi and they want nothing to do with the problem.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
I dont disagree, but it doesnt change my mind on the quality of the brand. I've even written to corporate Audi and they want nothing to do with the problem.
I would feel the same way as you.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Same experience with my sister's beetle, my father wrote the company several times trying to prove it's a lemon, with service records attached... never heard a peep from them. Her car was leased though so they were happy to turn it in when the time came.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Same experience with my sister's beetle, my father wrote the company several times trying to prove it's a lemon, with service records attached... never heard a peep from them. Her car was leased though so they were happy to turn it in when the time came.
Wish I could do the same with mine

Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I really didn't have any major issues with my B5 S4 (a bit older then the one you're looking at) except stuff that I broke. However, mine was heavily modified.

Last edited by "The JC"; 02-16-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I think the sales guy was a little offended by my $17K offer for that 51K mile '05.5 3.2 Quattro A4. The search continues . . .

Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I've owned a bunch of Audis over the years, 4-bangers, 6-cyls and V8s, and never had anything happen to them. I have never even bothered with warranty. *knocks wood*

It seems these reliability issues are always affecting US spec cars.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
My brother had a 04 GTI 1.8T and had nothing but issues. Turbo blew twice, pieces falling off the body and interior, all coil packs went bad and a host of other things. I know every manufacturer makes lemons, but I see it happen way more with VW/Audi. No problems with my 04 A6 though, but it's the 4.2 engine which is pretty bulletproof (ask Jox). The newer Audi's with chain driven engines are definitely more reliable, but still not quite there yet.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
I am on my third Audi and never had any issues.

Quick Reply: Longterm Audi reliability