Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interesting Audi Exchange dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
interesting Audi Exchange dealer experience

Family is looking to pick up a new car. A5 is on the short list.

Went to Audi Exchange (those in the midwest know it)

Walk into the show room. Salesman sees us pull up in the "dad's toy" car, walks up quickly. My dad doesn't speak English so I usually serves as a translator when he is in the States.

Me "We are interested in an A5, we would like to test drive one if possible"

Salesman "We are all sold out. We have an S5 stick to try out if you want"

Me "No we are interested in an A5, do you have one here that we can test drive?"

Find out salesman is Russian while my dad goes outside to check if a car outside was an pre-sold one. Nope dealer plates. Dad comes back in. Asks for a test drive.

Salesman "This is the manager's car, hold on I'll ask if we can drive it"

Salesman and Manager come out

Manager "we are back ordered for this car, the wait is several months long"

Dad through me "We can wait, but asap would be great"

Manager "Alright we have one pulled up for you to test drive"

....strange.... they said they didn't have any before....

Salesman "We will have to take two drives if both of you want to drive"

Dad "No you can sit in the back"

( the 335xi, RR sport, IS350, and c350 didn't need a chaperone..but ok)

Drive it. A5 3.2 tip. Love it. Want to purchase. Inform Salesman of the fact.

Dad "We would like to buy this car in a very particular configuration"

(black/black, all options except sports)

Manager "You would have to order it, it might take up to 6 months and roll into 09 models"

(6?! )

Dad through me "Sure, but if there is one anywhere in the country that is that particular configuration we will be buying that one if that is sooner than waiting for an order to come in"

Manager goes on a spiel about how he has access to all the builds in the US so that if our config makes it over to the dealer network and is not presold he can get to it and have it shipped to us before the car we will be ordering arrives making everyone happy.

us "great"

Dad "ok lets spec a car out, put in the order, but if this config is anywhere to be found before the delivery date, we will take the other car"

Go over to a computer with a salesman.

Pick out (black/black, all options except sports pack, 19s) car.

Salesman "we will need a deposit"

Dad "I will not pay you a non refundable deposit for a car that might be here in "up to 6 months" when there is a high chance of us or you finding one before that. We want to buy this car from you, just not going to put a deposit down. This isn't a rare car or a strange configuration that will not sell"

Salesman "you have to"

Dad "I want to purchase this car cash. The first one with this config that becomes available...anywhere. If you can make that happen, I will buy from you at msrp"

Salesman walks over to manager's office.

Salesman returns "Sorry we can't help you"

we got up and left.

We really had no problem with buying from them. There is a shortage now...but by the time our 2009 A5 would be delivered there isn't going to be a problem finding one in the first place.

They had the sale already. We didn't bargain on price. Had full intention to buy. I realize that taking a deposit is standard procedure, but that's just throwing away money considering that we didn't need them to get our hands on the car in 6 friggin' months. We wanted one in May. Where did customer rights go?

Maybe if this was an S5...sure, we'd understand.... but with Chicago roads destroyed completely now a powerhouse car with stiff suspension as a daily driver is not as sensible as it used to be.... mind you it still a kick-ass car, just not for the desired application.

In general I find that unlike Lexus (Rohrman), BMW (Knauz), and even Benz (Autohaus) the people at the Audi Exchange are pretty uptight and haughty throughout the entire shopping experience.

I found all other dealerships to have much more easygoing staff (especially Knauz BMW...If we liked the 335xi over the A5 it would be an easy pick).

This also serves as an open call. Blk/Blk all options but the s-line sports pack. If you got it, get in touch with me.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Try PMing Verone, he works at a SoCal Audi dealership.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Sheynk,

does your dad want a 6spd or tip? I can run the locator and let you know where they are. I don't have any allocations or available cars, otherwise I'd be glad to help.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
D-VO is an unknown quantity at this point
Yet another horror story from them... I just don't get it.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
roccoman,

blk/blk tip. all options except sports.

Not walnut (a dark wood or aluminum)

we will probably want non stock wheels.... but thats whatever.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Here is one of two that are the only ones on the ground in the country right now.

A5 3.2 COUPE 2-DR AUTO QUATTRO
BRILLIANT BLACK
BLACK
FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
MILANO LEATHER SEATS
AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
PREMIUM PACKAGE
MSRP: $49,765

it's at:

Dealer 403C23
Audi of Rochester Hills

45441 Dequindre
Rochester Hills, MI 48307

Phone
(248) 9977400
Fax (248) 9977401

no affiliation with this dealer. the other one is in your neck of the woods, but they are the ones that shankenfelter and others have had issues with. this car will have dark brown walnut wood. it's the only choice with black interior unless S Line is specified, in which case you get brushed Aluminum. good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Also, there is one on Vessel going to Continental Audi in Naperville. here is the spec on it:

A5 3.2 COUPE 2-DR AUTO QUATTRO
BRILLIANT BLACK
BLACK
FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
MILANO LEATHER SEATS
AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
19" 5-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS W/SUMMER PERFORMANCE TIRES
PREMIUM PACKAGE
MSRP $50,665

no affiliation with this dealer, however I have traded with them in the past, and would be glad to call for you and see if it's available. feel free to PM me or post in the thread.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
god that just makes Audi Exchange seem even more like a douche-shop

I'll PM you in a bit