Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi R8 V10 Clubsport spied?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that's a HUGE surprise then. I definitely don't understand Audi's logic here then.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Wow, that's a HUGE surprise then. I definitely don't understand Audi's logic here then.
Yeah, that was my arugment exactly. It's kind of sneaky what they're doing. Releasing the LP550-2 first, so that all the potential clients pay more (without knowing about the V10 R8 CS) and then later release the R8 CS so they capture the remainder of the market, with what is in essence the exact same product for 30% less than the Lambo's price tag.

I love Lambo's, but I'm no fool. Why would I buy a 550-2 if I know I can get the exact same in the R8 CS for far less? They both beautifully designed cars, but I'd go for the Audi in this instance. Most people don't keep up to speed with the automotive industry such as ourselves on this forum.

Last edited by Mike S; 08-12-2009 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
i didn't read the article, whats the difference between this and the regular one?

Old 08-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I am certain that the R8 V10 CS car will have less HP than the 550-2, albeit perhaps only 25 HP less. Certainly not a reason to pay an extra $30K for the Lambo, though.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
Audi is going for the Porsche GT3 market group. The club racing people. It has NOTHING to do with Lamborghini. That's a very different market. And please spare us from your take on Porsche/Audi = same company jibberish. By providing the Porsche GT3 with real competition, the R8 vs GT3 rivalry will strength this powerful niche. Ferrari, ( & Lamborghini) could never compete with the wide base customer demographics that holds the Porsche community. A GT3/ Audi R8 rivalry, as we saw this last year at the 24hr Nurburgring, is a huge shot of energy that both Porsche Motorsport and Audi Motorsport needs. This will be picked up with Porsche and Audi club race people everywhere.

And this new R8 will remain rear wheel drive, just like the GT3.

Last edited by Bodhii; 08-12-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodhii
Audi is going for the Porsche GT3 market group. The club racing people. It has NOTHING to do with Lamborghini. That's a very different market. And please spare us from your take on Porsche/Audi = same company jibberish. By providing the Porsche GT3 with real competition, the R8 vs GT3 rivalry will strength this powerful niche. Ferrari, ( & Lamborghini) could never compete with the wide base customer demographics that holds the Porsche community. A GT3/ Audi R8 rivalry, as we saw this last year at the 24hr Nurburgring, is a huge shot of energy that both Porsche Motorsport and Audi Motorsport needs. This will be picked up with Porsche and Audi club race people everywhere.

And this new R8 will remain rear wheel drive, just like the GT3.
I don't think we're on the same page. I never mentioned anything about the GT3? Although I can see your view. They could have easily aimed at the GT3 on the V8 version, price-wise it would then be similar to the GT3 on that platform. At least it won't be a replication of the 550-2, THAT is my view.

Edit: Was that jibberish comment really necessary?

Last edited by Mike S; 08-12-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:40 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Most people don't keep up to speed with the automotive industry such as ourselves on this forum.
that`s the point

most of them measure cars by the hp,top speed,price and the BADGE

Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Most people don't keep up to speed with the automotive industry such as ourselves on this forum.
+1.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
Was that jibberish comment really necessary?
Yeah,.. My bad.
My remark was NOT meant for you specifically. I was just trying not to see the thread get hijacked away from the car, itself, and turn into an Audi/Porsche strategy discussion.

This new R8 would be the car that I would want the most. I have an R8 now, and I definitely want to see this great car go head to head with the Porsche on the GT3 RS philosophy. And it looks like it will!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bodhii
Yeah,.. My bad.
My remark was NOT meant for you specifically. I was just trying not to see the thread get hijacked away from the car, itself, and turn into an Audi/Porsche strategy discussion.

This new R8 would be the car that I would want the most. I have an R8 now, and I definitely want to see this great car go head to head with the Porsche on the GT3 RS philosophy. And it looks like it will!
No worries, no harm done I agree, the GT3 does need some competition - I just think they could have done with the V8, just so the components are at least slightly different and make the Lambo a tiny bit more unique.

I'm also biased as a Gallardo owner, because I paid an arm and a leg for the car - but somebody else can almost get the same product for quite a bit less. In anycase, enough rant from me. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10 Clubsport spied?