Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S5 owners: Thoughts so far?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
6MT. Whilst the DCT is an incredible gearbox, its an automatic, no way around it.

Theres no way you can justify getting a DCT over a Manual in an M3 unless you are missing your left leg. Whilst the traffic issue definitely has it merits, and it does get a little tiresome after a while in traffic, the benefits when the traffic clears...... But iv'e never experienced London traffic.

The clutch is lighter than the previous generation so is more leg friendly in traffic, the gearbox is still notchy as hell, but i love that, and the throws ( especially 2-3 ) are long as hell. In the previous generation, 3rd gear was the perfect round town gear, could pull from low down etc. This time its not as good ( i probably sit in 2nd in the city ) but it's still geared well enough to limit the shifts in traffic.

And yeah, the interior is pretty boring ( but i dont get why everyone loves the Audi interior ), but you get used to it. I prefered the old interior as you felt more a part of it, like a cockpit, and initially i didnt have the same feelings towards the new one, but it has grown on me. I liked how you used to sit so low in the E46 and you don't get the same feeling in the new one.

The brakes are great around town, but get em ont he track and its a different story. I don't know why BMW underbrake their cars.

I don't need a car that helps me get of the line thank-you. And the gearbox and clutch in the RS's seem to refined.
Yikes that review really put me off...

Will test drive today and report back.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
So Brit, what'd you think?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
DCT was amazing.

The attitude of the sales guy that took me on the test drive was beyond abysmal.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Get the M3, Josh!

Kurt - didn't know you had an M3. Cool!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I dunno mini, i wasn't too impressed with the lease rates they offered.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
DCT was amazing.

The attitude of the sales guy that took me on the test drive was beyond abysmal.
Probably has something to do with the fact that so many people are buying them way under sticker.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
DCT was amazing.

Let me guess, Santa Monica BMW?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno mini, i wasn't too impressed with the lease rates they offered.
I can put you in touch with the dude that did the ED lease deal for my friend. Let me know.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty sure hes in London Town Stuka.

It's an awesome car. Truly capable, and easily the best of the 3 in the segment. It would be pretty hard to be disappointed with it. Even if you did go for the limp wristed DCT.

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 05-14-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Pretty sure hes in London Town Stuka.

It's an awesome car. Truly capable, and easily the best of the 3 in the segment. It would be pretty hard to be disappointed with it. Even if you did go for the limp wristed DCT.
Ah right, I remember reading something about him moving...

Quick Reply: S5 owners: Thoughts so far?