Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R8 wheels on an RS4

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
R8 wheels on an RS4

Anyone know if the original R8 wheels would fit a B7 RS4?

Not sure they'd fit visually, but I can't stop drooling at them... Anyone care for a photoshop job of it?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure there are offset issues. Consider that the RS4 has the same size wheels all around. You might be able to put just R8 fronts all around (or rears), depending on offsets...

I still think the RS4 stock wheel is the best OEM wheel design from ANYONE in a long time. I have two sets (one titanium package, one getting gunmetal finish at the Olde Wheel Shop in MD).

Old 09-28-2008, 12:48 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'm sure there are offset issues. Consider that the RS4 has the same size wheels all around. You might be able to put just R8 fronts all around (or rears), depending on offsets...

I still think the RS4 stock wheel is the best OEM wheel design from ANYONE in a long time. I have two sets (one titanium package, one getting gunmetal finish at the Olde Wheel Shop in MD).
I agree the RS4 wheels are the best, I am a sucker for those Sprint Blue RS4's with Titanium wheels with off white interior. By the way Is it me or does the new 4 series Audi look not that appealing and too elongated.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
The titanium package are beautiful. I've got silver details so doesn't go well with the Phantom black. A blacked out RS4 with titanium is absolutely stunning...

Old 09-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
. By the way Is it me or does the new 4 series Audi look not that appealing and too elongated.
I like the new A4 in avant-version, but I'm not convinced by the S-version, and the regular sedan just feels a little... ..well "meh" really.

Love the new rear headlights, but in general it feels like the B8 i trying too hard. The B7 has a natural, subtle grace which I appreciate.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
I think I'd prefer the stock rims on the rs4, the r8 wheels look very nice on the r8. Did a quick photoshop of it, but as always, it might look better in reality.

Stock

With R8 wheels

Couldn't help trying them on my Mini when I had PS open

I think that darkening the stock wheels to graphite would look a lot hotter than the R8s.
Chris from cali: have you got any pics of your gunmetal wheels?

Old 09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you print out 1:1 copies of the R8 wheels, have them laminated and put over your current wheels . . . And after about 12 seconds like that, you'd realize that the stockies are, in fact, much prettier. So then you rip them off and see how well laminated R8 wheel print-outs work as frisbees. I don't know what I'm talking about now.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bronto
I think I'd prefer the stock rims on the rs4, the r8 wheels look very nice on the r8. Did a quick photoshop of it, but as always, it might look better in reality.
Thanks bro,

you're all right. The stock versions are way better. And bro - get yourself some titanium RS4 versions on the mini. Should look great.

Last edited by mbolo; 09-28-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
The Gallardo callisto front wheels would look sweet too...

Old 09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jox
Why don't you print out 1:1 copies of the R8 wheels, have them laminated and put over your current wheels . . . And after about 12 seconds like that, you'd realize that the stockies are, in fact, much prettier. So then you rip them off and see how well laminated R8 wheel print-outs work as frisbees. I don't know what I'm talking about now.

Jox, I must be doing something wrong. I removed the wheels from my car just like you said and tried throwing them from our apartment window a few times. They don't seem to fly well even though I live on the sixth floor- they seem kind of heavy and the neighbors have complained a bit. Maybe I'm missing something here. Were you only supposed to remove the laminated print-outs?

Last edited by mbolo; 09-28-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply: R8 wheels on an RS4