Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

140+ MPH Fountain Poker Run VIDEO!!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blume
OL builds about 20 boats a year and Fountain builds about 550. % wise there is a lot more OL's on the repo list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you drive? Here's a picture of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boats should be like cars!!!!! A great respect for what they are even if there not your favorite!!!
I like the one in your avatar, but it's different from the one you say is yours. I saw yours on Offshoreonly.com, PatrickHenry offered it to me for sale. Nice boat, nice engine package.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
OL builds about 20 boats a year and Fountain builds about 550. % wise there is a lot more OL's on the repo list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you drive? Here's a picture of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boats should be like cars!!!!! A great respect for what they are even if there not your favorite!!!
As I noted, they are fast and I give them all the credit and respect in the world for that. As a race boat, you can't argue with their record. I think Fountain building 550 a year is part of the problem.

My OPINION is that they are in a bad place and all that Fountain has done for the Performance Boat segment is now being wasted.

I did own a 42' Lightning back in 97. Then I started buying other brands including a Maelstrom and a couple of Cigarette's. Land locked now so I am all about racing of the 4 wheeled variety.

As I said before, I feel it is really a shame what is happening to them as a company. Perhaps this is a bit of bitterness after buying into their stock a long time ago and watching it waste away.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
blume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to behold
Cool 850SCI's

Originally Posted by Hernando
I like the one in your avatar, but it's different from the one you say is yours. I saw yours on Offshoreonly.com, PatrickHenry offered it to me for sale. Nice boat, nice engine package.
TeamSpeed guy did my avatar! Yes, I have it for sale on Offshoreonly.com along with several others. PatrickHenry is my son. The blue 39' has Mercury Racing 850SCI's.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
TeamSpeed guy did my avatar! Yes, I have it for sale on Offshoreonly.com along with several others. PatrickHenry is my son. The blue 39' has Mercury Racing 850SCI's.
How many hours on the engines?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
blume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to beholdblume is a splendid one to behold
How many hours on the engines?
117 total hours, 92 hours below 3500RPM's.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Fountain makes a great running boat, some of the fastest hulls on the water. I just can't get past how ugly and "un-stylish" they are. From a design and ergonomic point of view, they are stuck in the 80's. Those dashboards are hideous, the factory paint schemes are lame, and that long protruding needle nose is ugly as well. The seats are the same ones I had on a 27' fever that we owned in 1995.

Cigarettes may be slower when it comes to top speeds on flat water, but they are faster in the rough stuff. They look a million times better, and are completely customizable. Dash board layouts are 100 times better, those billet seats look awesome.
Lame? Talk about stuck in the '80s.

Fountains are completely customizable as well.

I don't think you understand that Fountains purposely have a classic subdued look. Its almost like comparing a Cobalt to a MasterCraft.

xEDITx

Originally Posted by LBMA5820
They may be fast but Fountains are like the Kia of Offshore Performance boats.
That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. If anything Fountains are more in line with Porsche (as opposed to say Ferrari) having classic looks and top performance without all of the hi-tech gadgetry and aggressive styling found on a Cig.

Last edited by Dynamic; 09-03-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that is a fast moving boat. Sounds sweet too.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dynamic

I don't think you understand that Fountains purposely have a classic subdued look. Its almost like comparing a Cobalt to a MasterCraft.

xEDITx

That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. If anything Fountains are more in line with Porsche (as opposed to say Ferrari) having classic looks and top performance without all of the hi-tech gadgetry and aggressive styling found on a Cig.
It's all personal preference, but I just don't like the way they look. The paint job is customizable after you buy it. I never much cared for the dashboard layout, and I never like that needle nose (some people love it).
Besides the hulls are thin.

I would compare most likely compare the Fountain with a Corvette.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dynamic

xEDITx

Then you really need to get out more...... Kia may be a bit harsh but I was making a point. Porsche it is not and I can't believe you mentioned them is the same post as Ferrari. Corvette, perhaps but even they have made strides forward in the styling department. I don't count paint as a move forward in styling.

Classic look? No, in my opinion it is just dated. Fountain was ahead of its time with the 10 M Executioner. Since then they have been run down and passed in the style department.

You missed the point of my post. Here is the readers digest version: Fountain, used to love them, utmost respect for what they WERE.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
Then you really need to get out more...... Kia may be a bit harsh but I was making a point. Porsche it is not and I can't believe you mentioned them is the same post as Ferrari. Corvette, perhaps but even they have made strides forward in the styling department. I don't count paint as a move forward in styling.

Classic look? No, in my opinion it is just dated. Fountain was ahead of its time with the 10 M Executioner. Since then they have been run down and passed in the style department.

You missed the point of my post. Here is the readers digest version: Fountain, used to love them, utmost respect for what they WERE.
Yeah I really need to get out more because you're comparing a couple hundred thousand dollar boat to a Kia. You can't believe I mentioned them in the same post as Ferrari!? If you could read past 1st grade level you would know that I was referring to other boats in the Ferrari level such as Cig. You're just coming off as stupid.

Keep your opinions to your self from now on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 140+ MPH Fountain Poker Run VIDEO!!