Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

My Baby

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Glad you liked my boat. I haven't had the chance of being on a Wally in a big sea, I wonder how it handles the big stuff. Important for me since I go to the Bahamas often. I am going to go to Lyford in the bahamas to sea trial one there.

BTW there is a Midnight Express in Kuwait that belongs to a friend of mine.
Thanks.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
formula1champ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
sweet boar hernando, i've seen that damn plane fly over one of our boats this weekend!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Wally's are in a league of their own. Congrats on the decision to step it up.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
TTurbonegro is an unknown quantity at this point
nice boat! wallys are soo pimp

Old 07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
cayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enoughcayenned will become famous soon enough
I see a lot of midnight express around PR and the virgin islands. Homeland security use them for patrol, very fast and nice boats.

I have a 35' Donzi ZF Cuddy with twin 275 Merc. Verados. the engines so far have been very quiet, and very reliable with no issues as of yet. (knock on wood)

I've been a fan of Wally yachts for a number of years, and have been on board as well, on Wally B, a number of years back on one occasion. Ive actually seen the Wally you are interested in person here in the Caribbean, looks even better in person.

Did you see trial it in the rough yet? I was always concerned/surprised at how it would handle in the rough considering it doesn't seem to have a deep vee like the midnight or donzi, and seems to be more oriented towards calmer med.waters, so I figured it might take a pounding in the rough. Also, if it jet driven, theride becomes unpleasant if the jets are going in and out of the water in rough water.

oh yeah, almost forgot, very nice pics of the Midnight.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cayenned
I see a lot of midnight express around PR and the virgin islands. Homeland security use them for patrol, very fast and nice boats.

I have a 35' Donzi ZF Cuddy with twin 275 Merc. Verados. the engines so far have been very quiet, and very reliable with no issues as of yet. (knock on wood)

I've been a fan of Wally yachts for a number of years, and have been on board as well, on Wally B, a number of years back on one occasion. Ive actually seen the Wally you are interested in person here in the Caribbean, looks even better in person.

Did you see trial it in the rough yet? I was always concerned/surprised at how it would handle in the rough considering it doesn't seem to have a deep vee like the midnight or donzi, and seems to be more oriented towards calmer med.waters, so I figured it might take a pounding in the rough. Also, if it jet driven, theride becomes unpleasant if the jets are going in and out of the water in rough water.

oh yeah, almost forgot, very nice pics of the Midnight.
Thank you.

I have not yet taken a Wally on a sea trial. From what many people tell, I hear it's a great boat in rough water. However I had the same thoughts you did. I don't see a deep V, so I can't imagine it being that great. I have been told that even with the lack of a deep V it is a great riding boat. I agree with you about the Jet Drives as well, and I would most likely opt for Arneson, Volvo IPS or traditional inboard/outboard. I think IPS is the way to go. I need a boat that can handle 6-8 foot seas without a problem, mainly because I go to the Bahamas often.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Thank you.

I have not yet taken a Wally on a sea trial. From what many people tell, I hear it's a great boat in rough water. However I had the same thoughts you did. I don't see a deep V, so I can't imagine it being that great. I have been told that even with the lack of a deep V it is a great riding boat. I agree with you about the Jet Drives as well, and I would most likely opt for Arneson, Volvo IPS or traditional inboard/outboard. I think IPS is the way to go. I need a boat that can handle 6-8 foot seas without a problem, mainly because I go to the Bahamas often.
who can argue with the rooster tail of surface drives?
YouTube - First test with surface drive

Old 07-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VICTAHH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
hey hernando, i was def next to u at one of the key regattas a while back. i used to see that boat everywhere. as for the wally go for it. my dad almost bought a wallytender last year and it was great. it was just a little to big to tow.

Quick Reply: My Baby