Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Apache pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Apache Boats FTL , such ugly paint schemes. Cigs blow them out of the water looks wise (no pun intended lol)

Old 10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
that ass in the middle needs to be worked

Minihawk is a tough guy....he just won`t quit...
I like that
I too agree with you.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RDuke
I never could understand the point of those type of boats. Can you enlighten me on the appeal? Is it just he wind in your face going 70-80 mph on the water (estimate since I have no idea what they do performance wise).

Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm not trying to bash these boats or anyone who is into them. I have never experienced them and my lack of knowledge leads me to not understand the appeal, thus my question.
First let me start by saying how great Apache's are. Very solid boat, they stopped producing them a very long time ago. Only recently has someone tried to revive the brand (unsuccessfully). Those horrid paint jobs are from the 80's and 90's and were all the rage back then. Hideous paint schemes.

I had a 38 Cigarette Top Gun. I had an absolute blast driving that thing. One of my favorite boats ever. It's completely different boating than what you talk about with a parachute on your back on a lake. Handling one of these offshore power boats in a big sea, and doing it well takes a lot of skill. I'm not saying those lake boats don't require skill, just that there is more to it than just getting on and hammering the throttles.

One of the things I used to do often is cruise over to Bimini on my Cig. It's a fairly long haul and a good power boat will get you there quickly and safely. It's not just about blasting around a lake (which is tons of fun too). It's about the whole experience, and going places. I love the sound of those big engines, I love the feeling of the power it has. The speed is a blast to. Granted on a cat you will go faster, but going 90+ in 4-6 foot seas is a ton of fun, especially when you're not getting beat up while doing it. I used to carry about 6 people with me every time I went out, and it's a great way to get to the sand bars quickly, or go out for a nice lunch or dinner.

I guess it's all a matter of what you like. Personally I love those things, and I am eager to be able to buy one again someday soon. I would have a midnight blue top gun, and put teak floors in it. But that's what I like.

Here is a beautiful example (this one's black but just how I like it clean, classy, and sexy):
Name:  2060564_1.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  2060564_5.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  2060564_8.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  2060564_9.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  35.0 KB

Old 10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RDuke
I never could understand the point of those type of boats. Can you enlighten me on the appeal? Is it just he wind in your face going 70-80 mph on the water (estimate since I have no idea what they do performance wise).
I have never experienced them and my lack of knowledge leads me to not understand the appeal, thus my question.
I would guess it is like just about any other motor sport but you can do it with a group of folks. The lust of power, thrust, control and a thrill you don't get in many motorsports (unless it is in a controlled environment like a race track) is the fact that you have no speed limits- WIDE OPEN THROTTLE until you run out of ocean, lake,gas, your machine breaks or you just get skeered from battling mother nature.
For me, i love launching my 10k lb. deep-v off of a 6 foot wave with a hang-time that seems like ur flying for minutes. All this over the big-blue open ocean.

btw, speed wise, many of these deep V's IE "SPRIRIT OF APACHE" @ are hitting speeds of over 118...not bad for a 47' speedboat. Others are exceeding that but are a bit smaller in length.

Check out this vid of this huge deep v from the 80's

YouTube - very OLD Apache offshore race vid

or some history on the O.P. SAM

American Powerboat Television - Media Manager

Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 AM
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
fyi- if you go to....
American Powerboat Television - Media Manager

then click on

'Apache Origins' for some brief history.

btw Sam, nice post and how-ya-doing?

are you behaving your self?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Hernando, /QUOTE

Beautiful cig.
I agree,
hard to beat the simple clean lines-timeless.

Last edited by gociggie31; 10-25-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
The Duke raises a very good point

Old 10-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys for providing a little more insite. Much appriciated.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
wohooo that video was badass !

Old 10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I love when girls lay down on the back deck!!!!

Quick Reply: Apache pics