Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

Any advices on the suzuki 650 SV S

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for te answers guys.
I need to pass my licence (I'm halfway through, just waiting for the wether to improve and finish my exams). I love the position on the bike, very sporty, the only thing I dislike is the way it looks , but it offers protection and compared to regular roadster I think it's worthing it!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
no, a R1 or CBR1000 or 1198 Ducati would be the stupidest choice for the first whip. LOL
love bikes,..

but being a adrenaline/speedjunkie I know I would kill myself with that shit...that`s why I never got a license..

so keep on hauling ass guys,ECB is watching you

Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dante71
thanks for te answers guys.
I need to pass my licence (I'm halfway through, just waiting for the wether to improve and finish my exams). I love the position on the bike, very sporty, the only thing I dislike is the way it looks , but it offers protection and compared to regular roadster I think it's worthing it!
Buy an belly pan for it! Gives it a mutch sportyer look!

Or the full body: (my old one)

Good luck with licence, enjoy your driving and always wear gear

Old 05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Entirely agree w/ it being perfect for a first bike. Prices are great for a low millage example. Slow speed maneuverability is great, and has the capability of a giving a pretty good experience on track as well. The parts are fairly cheap and the engines are tank like as far as reliability. Overall a great platform to build on.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
sell it, buy veyron. sell veyron, buy 750 GSXR

Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ then buy another 750 GSXR, sell both and acquire an MV Agusta F4RR.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
JasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant future
Definitely a good first bike.

I have an SV1000 S and I love it. Definitely not as fast as some of my buddies with R1's or GXR1000's but it keeps up for my needs. I have Yoshi pipes on mine and it sounds great. I also have the full side fairing kit like the ones pictured above. Plus, they aren't on every other corner so people are always asking about it. Been completely reliable except replacing the fork seals a couple times.

Good luck with your choice and ride safe.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
you hear that? "not as fast as an R1 or GSX R1000" Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
JasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mannnu81
you hear that? "not as fast as an R1 or GSX R1000" Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

What case were you arguing? (Sorry I haven't read all your posts.)

Do people really think that the SV is gonna be as fast as a GSXR or R1? If so, they are smoking crack. It's a totally different bike than those. But I still love it.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mannnu81
Rest your case for what, exactly Mannnu? We are discussing a good FIRST bike. Or did you forget that already from the top post? :P

Quick Reply: Any advices on the suzuki 650 SV S