Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

Holy crap! 9.57 @ 156.1 mph?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Suzuki left out of the comparo?? Odd

Mike

Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
^^^ Hmm...we'll see, but I'm hearing it's an incredible piece of machinery for the money.

Anyone have a quarter mile time for a Ducati Desmosedici RR?
MCN tested one with the race silencer making 177.00whp and 76.70lb-ft of torque to the wheels in '08 that ran the 1/4 in 10.26 @ 146.87mph and i remember seeing a french mag get a 9.9x

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Why wait for the 2012? Thats stupid. Just go get one!
The bike is a wsbk homologation special so the next bike will get all updates from the bike racing this season which will make it worth the wait

Last edited by SpeedLimit?; 05-01-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Babak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond reputeBabak has a reputation beyond repute
That's amazing!

R1 seems to be good till 90, but slows down after that. Interesting.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 AM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
The bmw has more electronics than the space shuttle. That scares me on a motorcycle.

By nature, electronics take a beating on bikes. I'd hate to own one out of warranty.

That said, they get the nod for making the other big 4 up their power game. I'd expect to see another gentleman's agreement to limit power as soon as we reach the 200 mark.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
MCN tested one with the race silencer making 177.00whp and 76.70lb-ft of torque to the wheels in '08 that ran the 1/4 in 10.26 @ 146.87mph and i remember seeing a french mag get a 9.9x

The bike is a wsbk homologation special so the next bike will get all updates from the bike racing this season which will make it worth the wait
Seriously, that is the first time I have seen actual quarter mile numbers for the Desmo. Thank You!

Originally Posted by SAB
That said, they get the nod for making the other big 4 up their power game. I'd expect to see another gentleman's agreement to limit power as soon as we reach the 200 mark.
Yep. I agree. And I'd rather it be a "gentleman's agreement" instead of some government regulation imposed on them.

Last edited by Zeus; 05-03-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
Seriously, that is the first time I have seen actual quarter mile numbers for the Desmo. Thank You!
No prob bro, and it's your lucky day because Sport Rider did a fully measured test on one for their June issue, its on sale now

Old 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't like the S1000RR when I sat on it. Way too much plastic. Somewhat irrelevant since it's not my target purchase anyways, but still.

Agreed on the electronics. Every time I look at a bike, the first question I ask myself "how simple and basic can I get it?".