Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

WSBK Brno Spoiler*

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
WSBK Brno Spoiler*

Effing Fabrizio!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - 2009 World Superbike at Brno Michel Fabrizio Ben Spies Crash

At least Spies won race 2.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Spies was pretty cool about it, compared to what could have happened

Old 07-26-2009, 11:06 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
it was more or less a friendly exchange. italian's are fairly animated people, nothing to get upset about.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
it was more or less a friendly exchange. italian's are fairly animated people, nothing to get upset about.
I respectfully disagree. That was a bird-brain move by Fabrizio. Given the speed they were entering that corner, there was no way he was going to pass Spies.

It was a cheap shot and I wouldn't be surprised if some politics were involved to shelter Haga from losing to many points before the summer break.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SAB
I respectfully disagree. That was a bird-brain move by Fabrizio. Given the speed they were entering that corner, there was no way he was going to pass Spies.

It was a cheap shot and I wouldn't be surprised if some politics were involved to shelter Haga from losing to many points before the summer break.
no no you misunderstand me (i respectfully agree with you). i was talking about after the crash, the exchange between fabrizio and spies. certainly fabrizio was in the wrong to cause the crash.

sometimes the red mist clouds your judgment, especially if you're italian. have you ever raced with italians before? this type of scenario is not really out of the ordinary. there could be some politics involved but i doubt it, more likely michel saw an opportunity to shine and couldn't resist. i don't blame him for trying but he should know better than to go that hot into the corner.

thanks for the respect btw

Old 07-27-2009, 02:38 AM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by IIVVX
no no you misunderstand me (i respectfully agree with you). i was talking about after the crash, the exchange between fabrizio and spies. certainly fabrizio was in the wrong to cause the crash.

sometimes the red mist clouds your judgment, especially if you're italian. have you ever raced with italians before? this type of scenario is not really out of the ordinary. there could be some politics involved but i doubt it, more likely michel saw an opportunity to shine and couldn't resist. i don't blame him for trying but he should know better than to go that hot into the corner.

thanks for the respect btw
Ah I understand. I was under the impression you thought Fab's move was nothing to get upset about.

I agree that the after-crash happenings were no big deal.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Which one is blue and which one is red?
Forgive the lack of knowledge.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 PM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Hernando
Which one is blue and which one is red?
Forgive the lack of knowledge.
Ben Spies rides for factory Yamaha (blue Yamaha R1)

Michel Fabrizio rides for factory Ducati (red Ducati 1198)

Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, it's racing. If you don't wanna crash, get into ballet dancing . Sure it was "optimistic", but hey, better go down than first loser.