Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

So long Porsche, Hello.....Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxemus
Bonehead
Congrats man. By now you realize what an amazing car you have. I'm taking mine with me when I go lol. Hopefully a long time from now. It was my first exotic and I had a choice between your color scheme and a midnight blue/ white. I agonized over it and eventually picked the blue but I would have been so happy with that white one.
Enjoy it in good health and be safe
Thanks! My first 'supercar' as well. The turbo was great, but this takes it to a whole other level. I was considering a few color schemes, midnight blue being one of them, but I think I would have always thought 'what if'.

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Nice move Bonehead!

I think the time to buy one if those is now; buddy got one last month (black no stripes) because prices were going the wrong way. Goes nice with his black CGT and Enzo too.

Feel like sharing a price range with us?
Wrong way only if you're not an owner I watched the prices go up $15-20K in only a matter of months. No one is really sure what's causing the surge in prices, but I wasn't willing to wait for it to get any higher.

As far as price range, let's say I bought at the peak (so far)

Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Bonehead,
You need to consider the ford racing exhaust if your car doesn't already have it. That's the only thing I've put in mine as far as mods are concerned. It makes a world of difference in the sound.
I'm curious, you mentioned that you had a hard time finding an unmoded gt. what trend have you found in terms of value? Original cars are worth more or less?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Bonehead,
You need to consider the ford racing exhaust if your car doesn't already have it. That's the only thing I've put in mine as far as mods are concerned. It makes a world of difference in the sound.
I'm curious, you mentioned that you had a hard time finding an unmoded gt. what trend have you found in terms of value? Original cars are worth more or less?
By Ford Racing exhaust, are you talking just the FRPP muffler or the full rear exit header system (i.e M9430-GTX)?

^^THAT'S what I want

As with any car, mods bring only so much to the table. All other things being equal (i.e. color, condition, mileage, etc.) a car modded with say a twin turbo setup by a 'reputable' tuner such as Heffner would obviously bring a higher price tag. But only at a fraction of the original cost.

There is one dealer that has had a GT1000 done by Hennessey that's been on sale for as long as I've been looking (>7 months). Of course the price tag isn't helping it ($250K, I believe?). But unmodified ultra low mile/MSO cars are going for close to that at this point. So, the upshot, IMO? Keep it as close to stock as possible. Same goes for any car you own. It's not worth the headaches and will spare your wallet of unnecessary lightening The value of these cars continues to rise. Modifications will only stunt the trend.

I've done the ridiculously modded car thing and I'm done with it forever. I'll be putting an exhaust and short shifter on this car, both probably from Ford Racing to keep it all OEM. I might consider a pulley/tune, but again ONLY FRPP. Aftermarket is great for options, but it's just not for me anymore.

Last edited by bonehead; 02-28-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
how about rear bumper delete mod? I think it completely changes the aggressiveness.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
VINCENZ0 is on a distinguished roadVINCENZ0 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car! Congratulations. These are probably one of the few modern cars that will continue to appreciate in value.

The surge in all "collectible" vehicles lately has been fueled by a bunch of things, but a big one is the terrible interest rates on more traditional investments. I've heard that art has seen a surge recently too.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bumper delete undoubtedly looks better. But it's not horrible ala the big rubber bumpers on a Countach.
More importantly, without them, any rear impact would be catastrophic AND not covered by insurance.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
I put the frpp exhaust on mine. Didn't put the headers. It's been so long that I'm not quite sure what the differences are. I love the bumper delete option but I keep resisting changing the car. Shirt shifter does look sweet as does the full cf interior that I've seen on the web.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Member car of the month for March or April.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I put the frpp exhaust on mine. Didn't put the headers. It's been so long that I'm not quite sure what the differences are. I love the bumper delete option but I keep resisting changing the car. Shirt shifter does look sweet as does the full cf interior that I've seen on the web.
There is NO mistaking the muffler-only setup with the rear exit headers. Both are FRPP parts. If your car sounds like the one in the vids I posted (ie VERY loud) you have the latter. If it sounds good but just a tad louder than stock, then you have the former

Great thing about the bumper delete is it is completely reversible. But you do need to get shorter tips for the exhaust.

The Ford Racing Short shifter I think I'll have to do at some point. The throws on the stock one are incredibly long.

Carbon fiber interior would be cool and I'd love to see, just wouldn't do it myself.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats Bonehead! Nice move too. These cars are only going up in price. She will hold her value for you and I hope you have many years enjoying her in good health.

Quick Reply: So long Porsche, Hello.....Ford?