Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

2014 Corvette Stingray Breaks Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diggz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm loving the design but for some reason if you looks a bit like a Ferrari in the front too much in certain angles

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Have to agree, after view the press pictures again, I have to agree that there is a lot of Ferrari California influence in the front end. Not that its a bad thing.

Though am curious as to why They didn't go for a dual clutch over a manual gearbox. Almost all high performance sportscar and up are going with a pedals on the steering wheel.

Last edited by dieter.manero; 01-13-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, so no DCT or auto tranny?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Apophis is an unknown quantity at this point
A 6-speed auto with optional paddle shifters will be offered from the factory, and there's supposedly an 8-speed in the works.

As for a DCT, it likely costs too much. GM has ZERO experience with DCTs in road vehicles, and thus would have to build one entirely from the ground up, or, most likely, contract someone else to do it. Either way, it's something that would assuredly drive up the price of the C7, and something tells me it wouldn't be the most popular option anyway(at least not in the domestic market), so sales likely wouldn't even justify the added production costs. Probably the same reason there's no DCT in the new Viper.

Plus, would YOU buy a car equipped with GM's first-ever DCT? All this new tech already has me wary of 1st-year bugs(Cadillac CUE, anyone?), so I damn sure wouldn't go for the DCT if it were an option. Let someone else be the guinea pig.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
That's a great looking F12, uuum sorry GTR, uuuh no, I mean corvette

Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm i think i like the rear and the front..the profile is messy.

And god damn that interior.. why cant the Americans make good looking interiors?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Artist

And god damn that interior.. why cant the Americans make good looking interiors?
The main reason is, when they create a new interior, they compare with its predecessor rather than the competition. If its nicer than the previous model, that is good enough for them unlike Germans whom pay enormous attention to market trends and competition.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
I really like it. The best design since the C3.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
I like it, but I want to see one in person before I make final judgement.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Well at least theres no plastic body panels on this model like the previous cars. Also given they want to keep the cost down, they could have at least made the side itakes and the intakes above the rear wheels carbon fibre.

I'm surprised no-one has mention that the taillights seem to come straight off the camaro.

Someome mention earlier that GM would go with a DCT cause they have no experience to build one. So Out source it then, Almost all the cars driven today recieve parts from diffrent manufacturers. And as for cost, well if you can afford the C7, I sure an extra $10 000 will not hurt your budget.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Stingray Breaks Cover