Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

New Rims and Hood Pins---What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
New Rims and Hood Pins---What do you guys think?

So I grabbed some Hood Pins for my Mustang to stop the hood from floating around at highway speeds+ and while I was at it, I grabbed some rims that I though fit the car better. I am going to use the BBS' for the track now. What do you guys think? Here's before and after pictures:
(PS: Mixtape, if you see this, and you have time, a signature with that after picture would be cool )

Attached Images   
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
I do not understand the hood pins.....

and I do not understand why you would use your good rims for the track.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag
I do not understand the hood pins.....

and I do not understand why you would use your good rims for the track.
Mustangs tend to have hood float at speeds above 80mph. I have a small dent on my hood from the hood slamming down onto my supercharger because of the wind causing it to float....after the hood pins, it doesnt budge at all.

As for the rims, I like these more on the car and so I'm going to use the other set for the track (lighter, wider rim for a wider slick).

Hope that clears things up. Still going for go, not show, but had to put the pins on. I'm OCD about little blemishes and dents and I can't risk it again.

Last edited by TheStigSC; 11-08-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
new rims look 10x better and hood pins add a nice look as well as the practicality you described. nice additions bro

Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
cool rims.

Why hood pins?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by PorscheBoy
new rims look 10x better and hood pins add a nice look as well as the practicality you described. nice additions bro
Thanks!

Originally Posted by koizu
cool rims.

Why hood pins?
To stop the hood from floating around at high speeds. The hood floated around and it slammed down and dented one time and I dont want it happening again.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
adamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enough
Good stuff man!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looks great! The wheels are a huge improvement and I really like the hood pins. Reminds me of my dads old Mach 1!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using teamspeed

Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
I would have used aerocatch hood latches.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by adamls2
Good stuff man!
Originally Posted by Full Tilt Rally
Looks great! The wheels are a huge improvement and I really like the hood pins. Reminds me of my dads old Mach 1!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using teamspeed
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by yzracer931
I would have used aerocatch hood latches.
I'm not sure if those really would've fit the look of the car. I think those look better on cowl hoods or other things along those lines.

Quick Reply: New Rims and Hood Pins---What do you guys think?